Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anybody fancy a ride to the Squires Milkbar Sherburn nr Selby
sonic

posted on 6/3/09 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Anybody fancy a ride to the Squires Milkbar Sherburn nr Selby

As title anybody fancy a ride out to Squires (Milkbar) Sherburn in Elmet nr Selby/Leeds on Sunday 8th afternoon if the weathers ok.

If the weathers good it is packed with bikes etc,been loads of times with the car.
Not bad for a drink and a bite to eat as well.
Good driving roads as well on route.

[Edited on 6/3/09 by sonic]

mads

posted on 6/3/09 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
cant do it myself but agree with the above. been there on the bike and it was brilliant

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

tim windmill

posted on 6/3/09 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Sonic, not on the road yet, but will certainly be up for a few rides out later in the year
sonic

posted on 6/3/09 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Tim
Long time no see!!

Mick

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 6/3/09 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, that brings back memories! I took out the front end of a bus with my Suzuki GSX 750 on the corner immediately after Squires Cafe 24 years ago! Had just had a coffee and left the Cafe at full chat (as you do) with my side stand down (not recommended). Sparks flew off the side stand, the bike wouldn't turn, when the collision was inevitable (split second) I got off so escaped without injury, apart from pride and an egg sized lump on my knee. Got done for due care. Harsh but fair I suppose. I had left the bus driver with permanently raised eyebrows after all!

These days side stands are much better designed with lock out switches, return springs and rubber grip/flick pads.

Everything was stripped off the RH side of the bike in the collision, also destroyed were mud guard, bars, headlight, headlight fairing, clocks and tank. Two weeks and 120 quid later I had rebuilt it and resprayed it and was on my way to IOM GP with racing mudguard, GS550 clocks, CB 750 headlight, Z1 handlebar fairing, home made fork brace, flat bars, etc etc. Bike looked better than it did before the crash!

[Edited on 6/3/09 by sucksqueezebangblow]

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.