Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone got a supercharged zetec?
Chaz

posted on 13/3/09 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone got a supercharged zetec?

I have a 1.8 silvertop zetec and have been doing some maths which look like they work, but not sure if my results are right.

Anyone got an M45 and a zetec, what power gains did you get from the NA engine?

I estimated my engine is probably putting out 130-140bhp (1.8, R1 carbs, freeflow exhaust and 2l cams), and looks like i may get 210bhp from s/c it? Is this too good to be true?

Would be grateful for any hints an tips in what people used for charge cooling or any other problems and solutions you encountered in s/c your zetec!

omega0684

posted on 13/3/09 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
i guess it depends how big a supercharger you put on it, but if my in formation is correct most s'c need about 20 bhp ro run but then provide around 70-80 so you see a net gain of 50-60 bhp, (these figures are fron my pinto tuning manual)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 13/3/09 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
We met a guy from sutton a coupe of sundays ago at a little breakfast meet we had at Epsom downs, he had a very nice tiger avon with a blacktop zetec and mini supercharger.

Sadly i forgot (as usual) the guys name but lets hope he reads the thread.

pewe

posted on 13/3/09 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
May not be as much as that.
OK it's old technology but by way of comparison the Beta 2.0 litre engine on carbs used to give c.120 bhp and 134lbf ft. The Volumex version (which is reputed to be under-carbed) only gave 135 and 152 respectively.
It's probably more the way it delivers its power that makes it so appealing i.e pulls like a train from low down and just keeps going.....
A recent article indicated that Cosworth are now supplying after-market superchargers so might be worth giving them a ring as a prospective customer.
HTH
Cheers, Pewe

Mave

posted on 13/3/09 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
I only know 2 2.0 Zetecs running M45s. Both have been on the rolling road; one had 203 bhp (conservative mapping, could get more CLICK), one had 213 bhp (without intercooler, any higher would provoke knocking).

I'm also working on a 2.0 M45 conversion myself.

[Edited on 13/3/09 by Mave]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 13/3/09 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
200bhp from a supercharged 2.0 is about the ball park you should be looking at

An hiliarious fun it will be too!

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.