Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WATCHMEN movie...blimey!
donut

posted on 1/4/09 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
WATCHMEN movie...blimey!

Saw the Watchmen movie last night and both me and my mate came out really not knowing what to think! It is an amazing movie, very graphic but it did go back and forth in time alot plus it's nearly 3hrs long!!!!!!

Anyone else seen it and what did you think?

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 1/4/09 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
Thats on the list to see for me! I did see Knowing the othjer night which i thought was fab

Wonderous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun, and joy to everyone that rides along!

jlparsons

posted on 1/4/09 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
I was bored after the credits, they were stupidly long! I think they were using the stills to fill in the gaps. It didn't work.

I've since read the comic book which is miles better. I'm not convinced it's film material really.

dhutch

posted on 1/4/09 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah, tried to obtain it to watch with a mate last week after someone said it was good. Will maybe have to try a bit harder and get a copy.

Daniel

donut

posted on 1/4/09 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
I couldn't get over the naff super hero's which spoilt it for me but if you like the latest Batman movies they you will like this movie but it was far far too long.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alister667

posted on 1/4/09 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Blue Wang and the Timepiece Gang

As an alternate title, I heard somewhere.

I always did like the book a lot, so i found it easy enough to follow and pretty faithful, so I quite enjoyed it. But it is flawed, the middle bit drags and they could have trimmed it a bit better.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

greggors84

posted on 1/4/09 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
I too came out the cinema not knowing what to think.

There were some great action sequences and most of the story line was good.

The side plot with Dr Manhattan was a bit weird, especially when they were on mars. To be honest I had never heard of the comic before hearing about the film so maybe I would have understood it alot more if I had read it first.

For a mainstream film if they had just stuck to the plot of who was killing the super heros and missed out the whole meaning of life bit so it was cut down to around 2 hours it would have worked. Im sure there were loads of people who loved the comic who are happy the film stayed faithful though.

I felt like I had woken up halfway through the film when it started, im guessing alot of the background is from the comics.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.