Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Obama for King of the World
Jasper

posted on 2/4/09 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Obama for King of the World

Anybody else watch the Q&A session with him after the G20?? I don't think I've ever heard a politician speak so eloquently, honestly, thoughtfully and sensibly for so long on a huge range of topics, with no spin or question avoiding.

He's like the anti-Bush, I really do feel like finally things might change a bit and that we might finally be going in the right direction.

Do think they'll let us have him for PM once they've done with him

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

omega0684

posted on 2/4/09 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
be careful, he's only been in office for 6 weeks, lets see where he is in 6-12 months and see if we're out of this bloomin recession!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul TigerB6

posted on 2/4/09 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper

Do think they'll let us have him for PM once they've done with him

Isnt he pretty much already that anyway?? We always seem to end up doing what America says or wants anyway so he may as well be in charge!! I'd agree though - do you think America will do a swap for Brown???

David Jenkins

posted on 2/4/09 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
The Now Show (Fridays, 6:30, Radio 4) are starting to take the pee out of him, suggesting that he's a wind-bag.

Damn good talker though! Especially when compared to George Dublya... but, then again, who doesn't?

Keith Weiland

posted on 2/4/09 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
I voted for Obama but I would also say that just because someone can speak like that doesn't make them good. Let's see what he does in the first year and then make a judgement
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 2/4/09 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Whilst I'm not going to hail him as the Messiah, I've still got to say that he's conducted himself pretty damn impressively so far!

That photo of him in the press where he shook hands with a Policeman as he entered 10 Downing Street said a lot to me... it would be perfectly acceptable for someone of his stature to just saunter past 'ordinary' folk when busy - it would be engaging for him to pleasantly acknowledge his presence - but, for me, it was VERY assuring to see him take this ('ordinary' mans hand and make the human connection for no other reason than to acknowledge his presence.

No doubts he's playing the game, but promising signs nevertheless...

Dingz

posted on 2/4/09 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
His wife is doing well too, Charing Cross hospital yesterday and a girls school today!
dodgedartgt

posted on 2/4/09 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
NO!!!!!!!

There is only one King of THIS world... and Obama AIN"T it!!!

He is an eloquent speaker alright, there is no denying. He is (my opinion only, your mileage may vary) quite the showman.

Fact is, the press over here,only three days after the inaguration were releasing the results of a public survey on his performance in office up to that point. WHAT??? Performance in only three days? Gimmee a break!

I agree with the previous posters, lets see how he has done and what he has budgged up a year from now.

Now, for my two cents, and I know I must respect that he has been elected to this position of authority...

BUT, I volunteer that you can have him and his hand picked team NOW, and we'll just have to start over again here.

Mike Bynum

[Edited on 4/2/2009 by dodgedartgt]

James

posted on 3/4/09 at 12:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dodgedartgt
There is only one King of THIS world... and Obama AIN"T it!!!

He is an eloquent speaker alright, there is no denying. He is (my opinion only, your mileage may vary) quite the showman.

[Edited on 4/2/2009 by dodgedartgt]

Who is then?

"Quite a showman"???

There's a phrase that springs to mind: "Mission Accomplished"

I seem to remember it being sprawled on a large banner across an aircraft carrier.... correct me if I'm wrong but an aircraft then landed and a certain Commander-in-Chief jumped out declaring the war was over.

Nothing to do with showmanship!

---

I'd swop Obama for that one-eyed Scottish idiot we have any day, except.... America needs him more than we do!

Cheers,
James

P.S. Jasper, you nicked that comment from my Facebook profile!!! :p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

RK

posted on 3/4/09 at 12:41 AM Reply With Quote
Politics isn't about the BEST person; it's about the LEAST distasteful one. Be careful who you vote for, because they might get in.

Our idiot is a lapdog for whomever happens to be in Washington. (Sorry that's insulting to my dog). Not many like him, but they don't dislike him enough to toss him into a deep pond of oil. Although I'd like to.

[Edited on 3/4/09 by RK]

James

posted on 3/4/09 at 01:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK

Our idiot is a lapdog for whomever happens to be in Washington. (Sorry that's insulting to my dog). Not many like him, but they don't dislike him enough to toss him into a deep pond of oil. Although I'd like to.

[Edited on 3/4/09 by RK]

I have other Canadian friends who are not very polite about him either! lol

I'd happily chuck Gordon Brown in a deep pond of (ideally) boiling oil. I would only do it after I'd poked him in the good eye with a sharp stick....

before beating him to death with the nearest heavy implement.

Then the oil!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

designer

posted on 3/4/09 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
I totally agreed that Obama 'could' be a breath of fresh air on the politican scene.

BUT, he did come out with the insincere (I though so) praise for Gordon Brown!!!!

That's the problem. Fresh and 'old hat' at the same time!!

Jasper

posted on 3/4/09 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

P.S. Jasper, you nicked that comment from my Facebook profile!!! :p

James - no idea what you're talking about, haven't been on Facebook for weeks or your Facebook for months!!!

And whilst I like everybody else is waiting to see what happens over the coming months, I can't imagine anybody else I'd rather have 'have a go'

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

DaveFJ

posted on 3/4/09 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
I fear that a lot of the pro Obama talk is largely based on his ethnicity....

I know its notpolitically correct to bring it up but quite frankly just becasue he is eloquent and black doesnt make him the saviour of the free world....

Yesterdays g20 talks are being hailed as proof that he/ and (unbeleivably) Gordon brown. yet when you analyse the figures they achieved exactly nothing! the money 'pledged' at the G20 (a trillion?) is nothing more than the sum of the various amounts already pledged by attending nations.....

I think i sit firmly in the 'give him a year then judge him' camp. And remember he is still a career politicain and therefore by default corrupt!

However, I still would take Obambi any day over the cretin Dubya

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.