Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pug 306 1.9 TD XUD crank pulley bolt
cadebytiger

posted on 19/4/09 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Pug 306 1.9 TD XUD crank pulley bolt

Hey there. I'm trying to change the cam belt on the Pug. I know quite a few of you have had these car in the past and was wondering if anyone has had trouble getting the crank pulley bolt undone?? have locked the flywheel but the thing will not shift!!

Also it seems as thought the AUX belt is at it maximum adjustment (slackest) and so we are unable to get it off without cutting it. Has someone put the wrong belt on there or are we missing something??

Any help would be brilliant!

Thanks again

Rupert

hillbillyracer

posted on 19/4/09 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
I did a cambelt a while ago on a 306d, the bolt was stupidly tight & I feared I'd shear the flywheel locator pin but it did shift with a 2' bar. The car was over a pit so I could get a really good hold on it. We tried sticking it in 5th & holding the brakes on but I just made the clutch slip! It came in for a clutch a few months later!
Your aux belt will have an eccentric pully adjuster right? As well as that it will have a sprung tensioner, the eccentric one won't slacken enough to relax the sprung one & you'll have to push it back to release the belt. I think there's a bit on the sprung tensioner arm (mabye round the back behind the alternator?) where you can get a socket bar of somekind in to lever it but it's a bugger to get at. There's probabaly a dealer tool for it.

Have a good look at the water pump, it's driven off the cam belt & if it shows any sign of leaking from the weep hole under the pulley & you're keeping the car a while it'd be best replaced.

[Edited on 19/4/09 by hillbillyracer]

bracey

posted on 19/4/09 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
o/t but read about and do stage 1 tune ,,,big difference ,,,makes the car a right laugh
cheers
bracey

maskedavenger

posted on 19/4/09 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
ive seen some one snap one in the workshop it wasnt preaty he had tried everything not to snap it he was a well trained enginer it had started to move the locked solid wouldnt go in or out
the result was crank out and it had to be spark eroded

cadebytiger

posted on 19/4/09 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Argh!

Does anyone know if it is a standard or reverse thread? Don't want to give it hells bells without knowing for sure!!

Thanks again

Rupert

rusty nuts

posted on 19/4/09 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
It is a normal right hand thread , Have had them in the past when the bolt has been put in with Loctite , a bit of heat sometimes works but be careful. I normally use a decent air wrench without locking the flywheel as it is possible to shear the tool. When cracked off then time the engine .Once you have the bolt out there are two 6mm bolt holes that can be used to draw the pulley off if it is tight. Make sure it is done up tight as it can cause crank damage if not.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.