Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZETEC running MEGASQUIRT and Emmissions!!
Krismc

posted on 20/4/09 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
ZETEC running MEGASQUIRT and Emmissions!!

Why cant the garage who tuned my car get emmsions low enough, therefore i failed SVA!

Its a Meagsquirt V3 and im running a 2,0 Zetec with piper cams and 750GXSR throttle boddies?? Am i asking fo too much.

I belive the limit for emmsions is 0.2 Co @3000 RPM

Ive got a Wideband Lamda LC1 Kit but the garage removed it as they said it wouldnt run properly with it.

They said they had got it low enough but it was 5.3@3000Rpm

Help needed.

[Edited on 20/4/09 by Krismc]

tomgregory2000

posted on 20/4/09 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
what age is your engine?
Krismc

posted on 20/4/09 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
2002 black top

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

matnrach

posted on 20/4/09 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
If you have an LC-1 why don't you enable closed loop and set it to 14.7 at idle?
ruudbeckers

posted on 20/4/09 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Did you also programmed the LC-1 correctly?
Krismc

posted on 20/4/09 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Im not sure what to do with the LC1- i have wired in the lamda and guage- but not sure where i go from there.

(The 2 wires marked anolog 1 and anolog 2 are wired into mega squirt)

[Edited on 20/4/09 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

matnrach

posted on 20/4/09 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
If Megatune is configured for the output of the LC-1 correctly and it displays AFR when connected then it will be able to tun closed loop.
brianthemagical

posted on 20/4/09 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look in the mega manual, it goves some good advice on emmisions tuning. Assuming you can then tune it yourself, take it to a local garage and put it on there gas anilyser while you play with the info from megamanual
Krismc

posted on 21/4/09 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
The mega Manual is mega- and i dont have time to read it- plenty of work to do. Ive done some reading up but then i get to work stuff and forget.

Hence why i payed to get it tuned last time but no luck.

brianthemagical

posted on 21/4/09 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Only thing to do is take it somewhere reputable, have an ask around on forums for recomendations, and then ensure they can actually tune MS, preferably with there own computor, that'll probs be a good way of sussing if they can actually use it.
Other than that, maybe see if you can find a friendly MSer, maybe at stoneleigh if you're going.

Krismc

posted on 21/4/09 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
I got reccomended to a company, they tuned it , charged me a fortune and it failed SVA.

[Edited on 21/4/09 by Krismc]

Krismc

posted on 21/4/09 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
i agree they have had enough time to ring back now.
Krismc

posted on 21/4/09 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Erm, just checked and the engine still runs i havent altered any settings yet but one plug seems fine (a little white) and the other 3 plugs are dark.

strange or what!??

paulf

posted on 21/4/09 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
With the wideband fitted you just need to adjust the map until you get an AFR reading of 14.7/1 AFR at the revs it is tested at.This is the correct ratio for the cat to work correctly assuming it is fully heated up and there are no air leaks in the exhaust system.You can do this by getting the engine fully warmed up and watching the AFR gauge on megatune whilst you adjust the fuel bins either side of the revs it is tested at.
Paul

ruudbeckers

posted on 22/4/09 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
You can programm the LC-1 to be used as a narrow lamda sensor and as a wideband sensor. So if your LC-1 is set to narrow band and you Megasquirt to wide band (or the other way around) it will probably not work correctly.
Krismc

posted on 22/4/09 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Is there anywhere in the north of england any one can reccomend to get this tuned, ive read the manual today and its behond me.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.