Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megasquirt acceleration enrichments
omega0684

posted on 11/5/09 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt acceleration enrichments

went out for a blast this afternoon and noticed that when i accelerate hard the AFR gauge on my megatune screen just goes straight into the lean area of the gauge sometimes maxing out at 20:1, is this down to the acceleration enrichments how do i go about adjusting them.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
brianthemagical

posted on 11/5/09 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
Are you sure your fueling is correct, and i'd only find out once and never make itthat lean agin, even if it means not driving, it's a recipe for disaster.

Just drive nice and slow with low throttles for a bit, see how that fairs, make sure the fueling os ok for light throttle, then when they're sorted move on to the AE wizard.

What load method are you using?

matnrach

posted on 11/5/09 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
I use MAP related enrichment with an engine that has MAP for load control.

I tried throttle rate as the input for accel enrichment but it was much worse.

My experience with throttle body injection (on a siamesed inlet ported engine) that has large amounts of wall wetting is that you need a high value of enrichment for a very short time. A low value for a long time does not fix the initial transient enleanment and then makes it very rich afterwards.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.