Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA tomorrow! argghhh
joemotion

posted on 21/5/09 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
SVA tomorrow! argghhh

just took her for a quick sneaky round the block - everything seems ok however the speedo i thought i had sorted seems to be a bit jumpy!?? any suggestions? i have 4 magnets on at mo - what distance should the sensor be at? its very close at the mo?
mad-butcher

posted on 21/5/09 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
a couple of mm depends on manufacturers spec

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
slimtater

posted on 21/5/09 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
On my Veypor, it says the magnet must pass within 2cm or 0.8" of the sensor.
It will be good to see another Derby car on the road!

[Edited on 21/5/09 by slimtater]

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/19919222

daniel mason

posted on 21/5/09 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
good luck tomorrow mate! hope all goes well.
thebull

posted on 21/5/09 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
my sensor says between 2 and 8mm
hope it goes well tomorrow good luck

joemotion

posted on 21/5/09 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers! not sure why its doing it really - it is pretty close at about 1.5mm as this seems to work better!

I will recallibrate over a mile in the morning and hopefully that will sort it out!

I reckon if it does fail it will either be on this or the self centering - we shall see!

001Ben

posted on 21/5/09 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
good luck
greggors84

posted on 21/5/09 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
What have you mounted your speedo sensor on?

My first mount was a bit wobbly and the speedo needle used to wave about. Made a nice solid one and its alot better.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

joemotion

posted on 21/5/09 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Its a nice solid alloy one - the speedo needle is a little wobbly though when it wasnt before - its been on a rolling road so not sure that has done anything to it?

Fingers crossed it will be ok

joemotion

posted on 22/5/09 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Sorted!!! Got my Mac cert today!! Proper relief however there were a couple of brown trouser moments though!

Roy at Derby VOSA was sound (he took the first test i prev failed) and helped on a number of issues so thumbs up to him!!

The speedo seems to sort itself out after i re calibrated however turns out it was 8mph over. We both had a play and changed the pulses from 3750 to 3000 and sorted it out. Still a bit of fine tuning though to get it spot on but was ok for SVA!

Next was the emissions which i had sorted up at Noble. First test failed! aarrrrghghh! however once the bonnet was off and the air was in passed with 2.15 CO" againt 3.50 and 173 hc against 1200hc.

there was a switch light issue which i managed to sort, headlights were spot on ( i set them up by luck on the garage door the night before!) and the brake test went well however they had been set up and locked off by Noble so all good.

Finally the dreaded self centering - i had had the tracking set by Noble however they said it still wasnt brilliant so i pumped the fronts up to 45psi! He said for a locost the centering was excellent!!

Mac Given! 2nd time lucky!

Now for DVLA - funnily enough i got a phone call off them 5 mins after i came out from SVA in response to a letter i sent on Wednesday. She is sending the forms out today however I do have an issue with the age related plate though as i sent my original V5 off to Swansea for some reason when i applied for my SVA test however never got it back - i have been on to them and they deny everything!!! Bastards!! I need to fill a V62 form (i think) to enable me to get a new V5 - hope it works but just wanna get it on the road really so will accept a Q if i have to. I tried to blag an 09 but she wouldnt have any of it! Lets see if this can be sorted for Newark? will be tight!

spdpug98

posted on 22/5/09 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations on your pass

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.