Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ferrari Limo
Rosco

posted on 1/6/09 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
Ferrari Limo

Driving down the M40 on Saturday evening I saw a stretched Ferrari 360 going the other way. A Ferrari Limo; That can't be right, I must be tired, I must be wrong, we're both going quite fast so I only got a brief look, perhaps it's a kit - though not a Locost one....

Still puzzled I resorted to Google, and apparently these things do exist. Personally, I can't believe someone would chop a Ferrari - but I guess it takes all sorts.

omega0684

posted on 1/6/09 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
im afraid your eyes do not deceive you young skywalker

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Tartanpimpernel

posted on 1/6/09 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
seen a black stretched ferrari 360 driving round birmingham a few times. Certainly gets attention!
Omni

posted on 1/6/09 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote

Omni

posted on 1/6/09 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
lol. I was too slow....
mr henderson

posted on 1/6/09 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Very much an American idea, of course, the stretched 'limo'

It's typical of Americans to so grossly misunderstand. Luxury in a limousine comes from height and width, not length. These stretched cars, of whatever type apart from the Hummers etc, still need to be climbed down into, whereas a proper limousine is stepped into without having to bend down.

What is particularly worrying is the way so many people in this country look to the USA as a place where culturally good stuff comes from.

I'm not sure if I heard it properly, something on the radio the other day about somebody in this country going to buy a 'prom' dress? Could that be right? Is that yet another American custom being imported?

John

balidey

posted on 1/6/09 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
Didn't ferrari try and sue someone a while ago to stop them stretching one?

Personally I think limos are chavvy, no matter what car they start from. And that poor prancing horse above should be crushed.

iank

posted on 1/6/09 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr henderson

I'm not sure if I heard it properly, something on the radio the other day about somebody in this country going to buy a 'prom' dress? Could that be right? Is that yet another American custom being imported?

John

Yes, most schools have exchanged the leavers 'disco' for a 'prom' these days. Ironically the kids club together to hire limo's to arrive 'in style'.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

tomprescott

posted on 1/6/09 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
Mr Henderson and balidey have both got it right, limo's are chavvy - and Britain is becoming increasingly american in culture, I would assume that this is due to a large proportion of our media coming from america, "prom dress" rather than "ball dress" can probably be directly attributed to american teen dramas (read: shite like one tree hill and the OC)!
twybrow

posted on 1/6/09 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
It was a couple of my friends/colleagues who did that....! Ferrari were a right PITA. they took an angle grinder to a perfectly good 360. Straight through the middle of the car, wiring loom, petrol lines et al!

The chap who commisioned the car talked about doing high speed passenger laps in the limo, but I think the reality of it hit him when he drove it!

DaveFJ

posted on 1/6/09 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
I went to a car show in Cologne about 20 years ago and saw a stretched Testarossa convertible!....

[Edited on 1-6-09 by DaveFJ]

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

02GF74

posted on 1/6/09 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
I raise you TWO orange lamborghinis on M25 yesterday.

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 1/6/09 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
that pic of the black car makes me want to vomit

there are a lot of things about american culture i don't like, prom and limos etc

but they do muscle cars adn pickup trucks better than anyone, and where else can you get an oil change, filter change, trans oil change and fluids top up on the spot without an appointment and for only $25

can you tell i miss it

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

pewe

posted on 1/6/09 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
See you Mirek.
Saw about 1000 chavvy Max Power cars down at Reading Gate Retail Park last night!
Cheers, Pewe
PS perhaps we should organise a trip there - show them what real power- to- weight ratio's about?

[Edited on 1/6/09 by pewe]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.