Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA RANT GRRRRRRR
Vindi_andy

posted on 8/6/09 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
DVLA RANT GRRRRRRR

Well 3 weeks after my joy of getting an 09 plate for my car due to a DVLA error and driving round with big happy smile I received a letter on friday from the DVLA.

They stated they had made a mistake and had reregistered the vehicle as a K plate. Could I please return the incorrect tax disc in the SAE and sorry for any incovenience. S*d the inconvenience what about the cost. Ive had to buy new plates and adehsive fixings and there will probably be an admin fee from the insurance due to their incompetence.

cd.thomson

posted on 8/6/09 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
[w*nker]

could have avoided this if you hadnt tried to get away with their mistake. You knew it shouldnt have been an 09 plate.

you wouldnt have tried it with the taxman..

[/w*nker]

Thats exactly what I would have done too, its unlucky they actually realised the mistake - and such an unnecessary cost that you could, i imagine, do without.

Craig

Vindi_andy

posted on 8/6/09 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
Had to read this post twice before I realised what you were saying in the first bit i.e. you put w*nker mode on
dinosaurjuice

posted on 8/6/09 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
*yawn* - yet another fine example of local office incompetance. They really need to get their act together.

piran

posted on 8/6/09 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Doh !

but at least you've got her on the road...

andyharding

posted on 8/6/09 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
O/P wasn't trying to get away with anything. The DVLA are the authority on car registration as as such he accepted what they did/told him to be correct. He has now suffered a loss as a result of their mistake.

Work out total amount you are out of pocket for new plates etc. Add a couple of hours of your time sorting it out and pop them a letter saying you will start court proceedings if you don't get a cheque in 14 days.

If no cheque turns up go here www.moneyclaim.gov.uk and start a claim against them. They probably won't respond to the court papers and you'll win by default. If they don't pay then send the bailiffs round to nick their computers

DarrenW

posted on 8/6/09 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
I would try and argue the toss with them and failing that get them to compensate you for your losses.

Is your tax disc for 6 months? Converting it to 12 month tax at no extra cost to you sounds like fair compensation.

Vindi_andy

posted on 8/6/09 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
As andy says and as c.d.thompson was, i believe saying in a tongue in cheek way, I wasn't trying to get away with it I was just delighted by their c*ck up.

Unfortunately not so happy now.

Have already got 12 months tax on it. Bought the new plates and sorting the insurance and will get reciepts for everything and then send copies to DVLA saying your incompetence has cost me this much please reimburse me.

Ill start out polite and we will see what happens

Are you still not registered Piran? I thought john told me on Friday when I went to pick up screen yours was registered

[Edited on 8/6/09 by Vindi_andy]

cd.thomson

posted on 8/6/09 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
yes you got me right andy, who can honestly say they would have tried to correct them! They probably wouldnt have listened anyway.

I agree with writing to them about cost incurred.

Craig

BenB

posted on 8/6/09 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
There is an online DVLA compensation scheme. I'd apply for that. Doubt they could really deny it!!
nick205

posted on 8/6/09 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dinosaurjuice
*yawn* - yet another fine example of local office incompetance. They really need to get their act together.

NO...!

If they sort themselves out they'll need half the staff and that'll be more people out of work

Like most government (read: taxpayer)sponsored organisations it's not in their own interests to improve too much

...Did I tell you about HMRC...? Think in terms of pi55 and b0il and you're about half way there

[Edited on 8/6/09 by nick205]

piran

posted on 8/6/09 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vindi_andy

Are you still not registered Piran? I thought john told me on Friday when I went to pick up screen yours was registered

[Edited on 8/6/09 by Vindi_andy]

Oh it's registered but it hasn't got a screen and John is saying it's going to be a couple of weeks before he can get the bits sorted - I'm assuming because it was short notice (not) - oh and he's now saying that there's a funny noise from the gearbox so they might have to take it out and give it back to the bloke who reconditioned it ! and so on so yes it's all road legal but I haven't seen it for nearly seven months and certainly haven't driven it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.