Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Things to do in Dublin.....?
Mr Whippy

posted on 9/6/09 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Things to do in Dublin.....?

Yeah going to be going there very soon

Wonder if it’s safe

Me and missy got 5 days to spend there and not sure what there's to do, anyone been? Not too keen on being rat ar$ed all the time so hopefully there's more to do than endless tours of brewery’s hate Guinness anyway

Hope to god it doesn't just rain all the time, that'll suck

anyone got some suggestions?

ta

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 9/6/09 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
hmm, sounds like you're really into going lol
i went a few years back, but, you guessed it, spent the whole time hammered. and went to the guinness factory.
er, the post office is one of thier tourist things. its full of bullet holes

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Mr Whippy

posted on 9/6/09 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

the post office is one of thier tourist things. its full of bullet holes

ohhhh right.....that sounds promising

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzine

posted on 9/6/09 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
Just a note: alcohol is very very expensive in Ireland

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

blakep82

posted on 9/6/09 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:

the post office is one of thier tourist things. its full of bullet holes

ohhhh right.....that sounds promising

yeah i don't remember much else from that weekend...

oh, if you like burgers (and who doesn't! except those pesky vegetarians...) find a 'johnny rocket'

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

blakep82

posted on 9/6/09 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
Just a note: alcohol is very very expensive in Ireland

der's more to ireland... dan dis!

tomblyth

posted on 9/6/09 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
my partner is going next week (cost her £2 each way for the flight and £10 a night for the room! last time I was there it rained so just drank guiness and listened to that guy with the bad teeth (he's on in all the pubs all the time!)
blakep82

posted on 9/6/09 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomblyth
last time I was there it rained so just drank guiness and listened to that guy with the bad teeth (he's on in all the pubs all the time!)

which one? sounds like a good few of them

Benzine

posted on 9/6/09 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

der's more to ireland... dan dis!

Ponies running around on council estates...people with eyebrows on their cheeks... badly tarmacked drives (in this country)

and of course, Beamish

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

bangford

posted on 9/6/09 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
It's certainly congested!
tomprescott

posted on 9/6/09 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Yep I don't really remember much from my trip to Ireland apart from the guiness brewery, reasonably interesting. Some local pubs had traditional irish music with the bodrans and stuff which was quite interesting but something you'll only want to do for about half an hour.

We went down to the coast too and the weather there is so fickle, over the coarse of the morning on the beach it went from warm (enough to get in the water) to cold and rainy, then hail and then finally it snowed!

5 days, my god! If you don't like guiness you're gonna get bored!

Mr Whippy

posted on 9/6/09 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
oh boy

wonder if its worth hiring a car to go futher? might be an idea

[Edited on 9/6/09 by Mr Whippy]

iank

posted on 9/6/09 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomblyth
my partner is going next week (cost her £2 each way for the flight and £10 a night for the room! last time I was there it rained so just drank guiness and listened to that guy with the bad teeth (he's on in all the pubs all the time!)

Shane MacGowan of the pogues?

Though he's lost them all now

A fine warning against too much booze and too little toothpaste for the kids.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

bitsilly
Contributor

Posts 726
Registered 9/6/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Flexibility into my marriage, bless her!

posted on 9/6/09 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
I love Dublin!
If I were you, watch 'Micheal Collins' before you go, then you'll understand the bullet holes etc.
Driving there is difficult.

TimC

posted on 9/6/09 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
I would suggest sleeping with my ex-girlfriend but not a wise move with missus there.

MikeCapon

posted on 9/6/09 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
If you're in Dublin itself get to O'Donaghues. It's a traditional pub/bar with lots music and a fantastic atmosphere. Everyone knows it just ask your way. It remains a highlight for me from years ago.
blakep82

posted on 9/6/09 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
I would suggest sleeping with my ex-girlfriend but not a wise move with missus there.

lol thats an unusual suggestion. still, i know what to do next time i'm there then...

Peteff

posted on 9/6/09 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Get on a bus tour with a commentary and he will tell you what all the sights are and all the places to visit and not to bother with the Guinness tour as it's just an expensive pint.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

smart51

posted on 9/6/09 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Dublin has a tour bus that goes past or near lots of places of interest. The tickets are cheap, from memory and last for 24 hours on a hop on hop off basis. The bus drivers give you a running commentary telling you about the places you're about to stop near. I'd say it was worth it just to get your bearings if nothing else.

Mr Whippy

posted on 9/6/09 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
wow the place just sounds like one huge pub

maybe driving would be a bad idea...the fumes from all that alcohol in the air might make me over the limit

looks like it to be a tour bus special then, better be good weather

eznfrank

posted on 9/6/09 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
I spent more per day in Dublin than I do per day in Vegas!!
donny

posted on 9/6/09 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Mr. Whippy,
though like most others my memories of Dublin are hazy there is a lot to do. Definitely get a bus trip as the guides can give you good advice. For missy it is one the best shopping cities in Europe. A lot of Ireland's great poets, writers and musicians come from Dublin so there will be information about them. UCD is a great Irish University well worth a visit even if for a walk round the grounds. You should be able to get a bus up the coast - the scenary is great too. If you don't like Guinness what about a Black Bush?

Cheers,
Don.

Hurdsey

posted on 9/6/09 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
I went 2 weeks ago for a couple of days, there was loads to do......I had to measure 200 windows
Oh yeah it rained as well

Mr Whippy

posted on 9/6/09 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donny
Mr. Whippy,
though like most others my memories of Dublin are hazy there is a lot to do. Definitely get a bus trip as the guides can give you good advice. For missy it is one the best shopping cities in Europe. A lot of Ireland's great poets, writers and musicians come from Dublin so there will be information about them. UCD is a great Irish University well worth a visit even if for a walk round the grounds. You should be able to get a bus up the coast - the scenary is great too. If you don't like Guinness what about a Black Bush?

Cheers,
Don.

thanks

not sure about shops though that all sounds a bit scary, maybe I should just take one very small suitcase between us?

Guinness

posted on 9/6/09 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
hate Guinness anyway

I'm hurt and offended!

W*nker!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.