Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wind noise

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
wind noise

I have a double bubble screen fitted to my F27 it works great but I get a lot of wind noise past my helmet at speed.Is it possible to fit a baffle / shotr screen in front of the double B to reduce the airflow over the screen.I was thinking about to small wings that are fitted to nose cones to deflect the air away from the front suspension,any ideas anyone Keith
Cousin Cleotis

posted on 11/6/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Alot of bikers wear earplugs, including me, even on my bogger at 40mph my hearing isnt right after 30 mins or so.

Paul

Humbug

posted on 11/6/09 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
I know what you mean - I have the same problem. I wondered about a small lexan lip like you sometimes see on the bonnets of American trucks or pickups. Either that or the same but at the rear edge of the bonnet. Might be possible to lash something temporary up to see if it works?

posted on 12/6/09 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
I've noticed on the formula 1 cars they have clear strip about 30mm high on the edge of the bonnet directly in front of the driver this c only be for wind unless anyone knows better Keith

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.