Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA Pass & DVLA Inspection complete
johncarman

posted on 22/6/09 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
SVA Pass & DVLA Inspection complete

Well I finally passed my SVA @ Norwich on Friday at the first retest, and got the DVLA inspection done at peterborough the same day, should be on the road this week !!

I thought it was all going wrong at the sva test however, the guy was very misserable and most unhelpfull unlike the guy I had first time around, he first complained about the center mirror (a halfords stick on job) which you couldn't see anything out of, I told him at the first test they said it was ok as long as I had a suitable nearside mirror, he refused to believe this and refered to the book, the book explained it perfectly to me, it was all fine, but somehow his interpretation was different !! He then remarked there were loads of faults with the car anyway, and started picking holes in things which had not been put on the list of failures, after a lot of arguing and trying to explain I would have fixed them if somebody told me the first time around, he gave up on that and moved on to the self centering, proclaiming there was none. I told him that every time I had driven it it seemed ok but perhaps I was mistaken as to what self centering was, I asked if he would mind accompanying me around the car park and pointing out the problem, sure enough there was no problem, I don't think he knew the test was supposed to be carried out above 10mph ! In the end he just got out, said nothing and went and wrote the certificate, result !!

I am glad to say that Stephen @ Peterborough DVLA was much more helpfull, genuinely interested in the car, and wanted to help get it on the road, a very good service from the start from them.

Lastly I would just like to thank everyone here for some great help and advise, I would never have done it without this forum. I promise some pics in the comming days.

Thanks,

John

jpindy3

posted on 22/6/09 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
well done,you lucky you didnt have the iva,
have a good summer,
take cure

jpindy3

have a good summer,
take cure

jpindy3

have a good summer,
take cure

ha you can have another one for luck if you want,

my laptop is doing some funny things,
sorry for taking up room

[Edited on 22/6/09 by jpindy3]

RichardK

posted on 22/6/09 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
You haven't taken the dizzy out of the laptop have you

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 22/6/09 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Thought m eeyes were playing up

Well done, and excellent arguing the point with him. I was always under the impression they only looked at the fail points on a retest.

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.