Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: memorial
handyandy

posted on 7/7/09 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
memorial

with all due respect to M.Jackson...............

is it me or do i not "get it"????????

i,ll explain...............

as no doubt some of you may be watching the memorial service on TV, i,m not but its on in the background,
all the artists doing songs in his memory is all very touching & the people who are speaking about him, claiming he did this & that etc etc , the one comment i found to be slightly unnecessary was the words " for the good of black people" ?????????????

he changed his colour thru surgery & medication but yet all the talk is about the colour of someones skin.

i find this both confusing( as he changed his colour) & distastful , the loss to the "music" world is surely a greater loss.

or am i missing something?

i am not making this out to be a racist thread but in my opinion some of the speakers in the memorial service are doing this themselves.

may he rest in peace.

andy

200mph

posted on 7/7/09 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
there are several things that are at best ironic and at worst hypocritical - I don't think you're alone there andy

He's been in my life more since his death, simply because you cannot get away from radio stations playing his songs over and over and over again!

If it isn't broke, fix it until it is

tegwin

posted on 7/7/09 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
That ceromony is a very sterotypical American thing to do isnt it....

Its just weird and I dont get it either... And if anyone else harps on about how its gods will this and gods will that.... il.... il........ turn the TV off and go take a cr@p!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

JoelP

posted on 7/7/09 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
fully agree andy and well put. All i can say is that minorities have been the victims of racism for a very long time, so its more real for them than it is for any given majority (ie western white). So whilst we can all try to move on, i suppose its harder for them to forget about it.

I doubt they intended any offense really., and thats what counts really.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

balidey

posted on 7/7/09 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Our (and by that I mean the general ignorant public) perceptions of people change when they die.

Elvis, he really went down hill at the end, but we remember the King of Rock and Roll

Dianna, a trollop who did a bit of charity work (other people arguably did 100x more than her) yet she died, and she's a saint.

Jade Goody, racist, thick cow, yet she died and really she wasn't like that, she was the most caring mother in the world.

Jacko, wasn't he the freak that was supposed to be a kiddy fiddler? No, sorry, my mistake, he was the multi talented person that shaped pop music over the past 20 years and helped us all in our times of need.

I can't wait for Max Mosley to die, because I bet he was working on a cure for cancer.

All the above to be read with the irony I intended. The sort of irony dripping all over the jackson tribute show

tomprescott

posted on 7/7/09 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be honest, I don't understand wacko fans at all, I find his songs really dull and a bit nauseating, and as for his personal life - I think its clear he was a messed up individual. I have no respect, only hatred for peadophiles (alleged or otherwise) regardless of how many people they may have positively affected through their careers.
steve m

posted on 7/7/09 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
OMG

is he actually dead ??????????

I wonderd why every other record on the radio was a MJ one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

steve m

OMG

steve m

OMG

steve m

OMG

steve m

posted on 7/7/09 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
But dont worry, as we are waiting for "thriller" to come on

and if that coffin opens what a hoot !!

handyandy

posted on 7/7/09 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
and i thought i was the only one that
"doesn,t get it "

thanks guys, you,ve made me feel like i,m not so thick after all

i,m not a Jacko music fan but i thought this memorial would be the last TYPE of memorial he would have wanted, its as if he was a saint, holyier than thou & all that, convicted or not of some very dubious goings on in his life but yet the memorial is making out he was the male version of Mother Teresa

my thoughts are ........ he didn,t enjoy being the colour he was, so he changed it.

or do the so called friends of him not realise this???

andy

Steve G

posted on 7/7/09 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Dont forget - in both the USA and GB, racism only seems to work one way. If they had said "for the good of white people" - there would be riots about it from all the non-whites. Its no different over here from what i see. Any crime against an Asian or Black and immediately its assumed there must be a racist motive. Bunch of Asians attack a white lad and its just lads fighting.

Sorry but i am sick of hearing the race excuse used all the time. We saw it with Obama - how many times were they mentioning he's half white?? Black when it suits it seems to me. As above - why not say its a loss to music??

Rant over.... i'll crawl back under my rock now

GrumpyOne

posted on 7/7/09 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
I'll bet there are a few kids in the world glad he has gone.

OMG did I say that out loud

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

GeorgeM

posted on 7/7/09 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

Glad I'm not the only one who was waiting for
that, was waiting for Jeremy Beadle to introduce
him ....

GeorgeM

eddie99

posted on 7/7/09 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
He didnt want to be white......

He had some bad skin infection which affected pigments of his skin....

He had surgery to cover this, it wasnt because he didnt want to be black...

Anyway i thought he was quite tallented but deffinately was messed up at certain stages of his life although he had a messed up childhood so i dont think its his faught.

Ed

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
David Jenkins

posted on 7/7/09 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
I sort-of agree - he ended up weird, freakish and totally messed-up. A combination of a strange upbringing and the crazy star culture in the US of A - and possibly some tendency to instability.

Some of you may be aware of the Private Eye letters page, and the way they put photos of two similar looking people and put the names the wrong way around - one or two of the photos of MJ looked a lot like Jack Nicholson as The Joker, but I didn't have sufficient bad taste to find the pair of photos... no, that's a lie... I couldn't be bothered...

dave1888

posted on 7/7/09 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeM
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

Glad I'm not the only one who was waiting for
that, was waiting for Jeremy Beadle to introduce
him ....
Now that would be neat, J B is dead as well

GeorgeM

dave107

posted on 7/7/09 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
What a load of ignorant people you are, you are talking about someone's son, brother and father, have some respect, let him rest in peace.

Do any of you have children, if you do you should bear in mind that it might be your very young children attending your funeral one day.

Now get on with building your cars and keep these tasteless disrespectful comments off this forum.

This is not from Dave 107 but from his very angry wife!!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 7/7/09 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
one pic is worth a thousand words

handyandy

posted on 7/7/09 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave107
What a load of ignorant people you are, you are talking about someone's son, brother and father, have some respect, let him rest in peace.

Do any of you have children, if you do you should bear in mind that it might be your very young children attending your funeral one day.

Now get on with building your cars and keep these tasteless disrespectful comments off this forum.

did i not put "may he rest in peace " on the first post of this thread i created????????

i do not take kindly to being called "ignorant"

andy

Steve G

posted on 7/7/09 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
What a load of ignorant people you are, you are talking about someone's son, brother and father,

Very sorry but it appears his family are milking his death for every single cent they can get out of this from what i've seen today so personally I think your comments coming on here attacking people for ignorance are way out of line!!

GeorgeM

posted on 7/7/09 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Afraid I lost all respect for MJ years ago, he was
a brilliant musician who turned into a freak.

I do feel sorry for his kids though - not their fault.

If it makes you feel better; RIP the original MJ

Minicooper

posted on 7/7/09 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Have I missed something I thought the whole thing was free of charge?

quote:
Originally posted by Steve G

Very sorry but it appears his family are milking his death for every single cent they can get out of this from what i've seen today so personally I think your comments coming on here attacking people for ignorance are way out of line!!

Steve G

posted on 7/7/09 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
The tickets were definately free via an online draw. Not sure about the TV rights though - anyone?? What wont be free is all the millions of spinoff albums that i'm sure will come from this, and i've little doubt the Jackson will make a fortune in the next few months on the back of MJ's name / death. He was undoubtedly a genius of a performer and overshadowed the rest of the family. Seems its thrown them back into the limelight and i cant see them not taking advantage of it

quote:
Originally posted by Minicooper
Have I missed something I thought the whole thing was free of charge?

quote:
Originally posted by Steve G

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.