Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TVR M for sale
tegwin

posted on 21/7/09 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
TVR M for sale

I think the time has come to move onto another project..... I love this car to bits, but its got to the point where I dont want to drive it for fear of getting it dirty....Its a love hate thing!!

Anyway..

Spec:

1972 TVR 2500M (tax exempt!)

2.5L straight six triumph engine (unleaded)- Recently rebuilt, although more or less standard. Alloy rocker cover and external breather
Twin SU carbs
Tubular headers
Comes with a standard rear exhaust section and a "sports" one with NO silencers
4 speed manual gearbox with electric overdrive on 3/4

I have just spent well over 4000 on parts alone to recondition the car...And hundreds of hours including:

Bigred supplied reconditioned calipers
Polybushes all round, including diff, steering rack and antirollbar
Reconditioned Diff unit
New cylinders, shoes etc at the back
New brake pipes
Braded brake hoses
Full re-wire
Halogeon 100W bulb replacements
Interior re-trimmed and carpeted.
Re-painted very recently.
New tyres
Cerbera steering wheel
CD/Radio/MP3 player in the dash with 6 speakers.. (tweeters on the dash, mids in the B pillars and some 6x9s at the back)

The chassis is seriously solid... the huge amount of paperwork with the car suggests that it has been FULLY rebuilt atleast twice before...With photos of the rebuilds!

I do have the origional chrome corner bumpers if you want to refit them. (they will require refurb first!)

I am looking for offers around £7000

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

chrsgrain

posted on 21/7/09 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Beautiful car... wish I had the space...

This coming weekend is the International Meeting of the TR Register in Malvern... might be worth going along with it for sale, as its very related to a TR6 and there will be lots of enthusiasts there.

Chris

Spoing! - the sound of an irony meter breaking...

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/7/09 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
thats quite an amazing shine

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
speedyxjs

posted on 21/7/09 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Every time i see those pics, i get a shiver down my spine.

Nice work

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

scootz

posted on 21/7/09 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
You have mail (good God, do I ever learn?),
donut

posted on 21/7/09 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
You have mail (good God, do I ever learn?),

I wish i had the money 'not to learn'

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 21/7/09 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
that makes two of us - i've admired the car for a while. I just hope a proper enthusiast gets it, drives it, enjoys it, and takes care of it.
scootz

posted on 22/7/09 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Well, what I've learned is that I'm never going to be physically able to complete any of my 'projects', so am now in the market to buy something that's, a) Interesting, and b) Built!

So all my 'bits' are for sale to fund the purchase of the right car!

Truth is, I've probably wasted a few grand on 'projects' that haven't worked out and had to sell bits at a fair loss. But in a strange way I've enjoyed it!

I don't drink, smoke or have any other expensive interests. I occasionally go out for a meal / pics with the wife, and try to get abroad once a year, but that's it.

No £100 nights out every weekend, etc.

So in the grand scheme of things, I've not really been THAT flash with whatever cash I've had! My 'me' spend is probably on par with most blokes who are married with no-kids.

I just love 'interesting' cars, and as long as I can buy / sell / trade within the budget of what I (and SWMBO) allow, then I'll continue to fanny about until I find the 'right' toy for me.

owelly

posted on 22/7/09 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
I'm liking the airbrush art work on the bonnet. I want to find someone to paint a photographer on the bonnet of my car......

Unless he falls off......

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

JoelP

posted on 22/7/09 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I'm liking the airbrush art work on the bonnet. I want to find someone to paint a photographer on the bonnet of my car......

Unless he falls off......

damnit i was thinking that!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

tegwin

posted on 23/7/09 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Scootz... you have U2U

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Jenko

posted on 23/7/09 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Well, what I've learned is that I'm never going to be physically able to complete any of my 'projects', so am now in the market to buy something that's, a) Interesting, and b) Built!

Truth is, I've probably wasted a few grand on 'projects' that haven't worked out and had to sell bits at a fair loss. But in a strange way I've enjoyed it!

I don't drink, smoke or have any other expensive interests. I occasionally go out for a meal / pics with the wife, and try to get abroad once a year, but that's it.

So in the grand scheme of things, I've not really been THAT flash with whatever cash I've had! My 'me' spend is probably on par with most blokes who are married with no-kids.

I just love 'interesting' cars, and as long as I can buy / sell / trade within the budget of what I (and SWMBO) allow, then I'll continue to fanny about until I find the 'right' toy for me.

Good on ya.......

At the end of the day, you can't take it with you, and quite frankly, it's far more important to enjoy yourself than worry about saving a few quid here and there.....

I have a 'hobby' fund currently all spent up on a westfield, but it's up to me if I want to sell it and do something else.....

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

scootz

posted on 24/7/09 at 12:26 AM Reply With Quote
Absolutely! My Grandad died last year and it broke my heart...

Lived in a run-down council house - had a shitty old car - never flashed the cash... didn't think he had any!

His death broke my heart, but not half as much as when I found out how much money he left in his will... not a fortune, but far too f*cking much! It hurt me to think that he hadn't used it to enjoy his final years to the max!

scootz

posted on 24/7/09 at 01:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Scootz... you have U2U

Back at you!

RK

posted on 24/7/09 at 02:50 AM Reply With Quote
None of us should be the richest guy in the cemetary.
donut

posted on 24/7/09 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Are you my identical twin??? Thats near enough my life story right there except i have finished 3 cars!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

donut

posted on 24/7/09 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
My 'car fund' had £300 nicked out of it while i was on holiday. Some bar steward made 2 transactions on my debit card from America while i was in France. Just waiting for the paperwork so i can claim it back.

Andy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.