Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Job Ideas / Opportunities
dubstar_04

posted on 27/7/09 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Job Ideas / Opportunities

I am in the process of buying a house and I have been asking myself a lot of questions recently regarding life and settling down and I have realised that I don't want to stay in my current job for the long term so I have been looking for something that I would like / love to do for the future.

I currently work as a mechanical design engineer for a small sector of a large company, I design composite components for chemical plants and without sounding too contradictory I love the type of work I do and I would consider myself a good ambassador for the profession with a love for engineering in general.

The reason for this post is that the people who make up this community are generally very helpful and wise and I would like some suggestions of companies in the Cheshire area that maybe suitable for me to investigate and approach regarding a career / position.

I am sorry to have posted this but I am becoming a bit frustrated with searching the internet for inspiration when lots of little companies that would be Ideal for me aren't listed.

Thanks for any help / advice.

regards,

Dubstar_04 / Dan

omega0684

posted on 27/7/09 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
personally mate i would just grit it out for a little longer, im sure your aware of the current employment crisis at the moment, so in my eyes, if you have a job, hang on to it!

ive applied for 9 jobs in the past month and haven't even had a reply from any of them!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dubstar_04

posted on 27/7/09 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
I completely appreciate that I am lucky to have a job at the moment however i would like to investigate some opportunities for the future.

i hope you don't think I am ignorant for asking and I hope that you manage to get sorted in the not too distant future.

coozer

posted on 27/7/09 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
I finish this Friday after 9 years due to the lack of car sales... in fact the plant is closing and moving to Poland....

I've applied for dozens of jobs through agencies, direct etc and had one interview where 12 like minded peeps beat me to it.

Nothing on the horizon, it looks like a desert ahead

Much better staying where you are until manufacturing picks up.

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

omega0684

posted on 27/7/09 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dubstar_04
i hope you don't think I am ignorant for asking and I hope that you manage to get sorted in the not too distant future.

not at all mate

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.