Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone taken a dog in their 7
gazzarose

posted on 2/8/09 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone taken a dog in their 7

Hi guys,

It's been my dream to build a 7 for as long as I care to rememeber but never had anywhere to build one. So when SWMBO suggested we buy a house together, my only stipulation was it had to have a garage. Thing is we've moved in now and Im slowly saving to buy an Indy kit, but now we've got a puppy. So My dream of going down my parents caravan in a little open kitcar are kind of dashed. We took the puppy down there this weekend in the gf's Fiesta, and she slept all the way on the gf's lap and didn't move a muscle, but something tells me she wouldn't do it in a 7. She's not going to be very big (Patterdale Jack Russel Cross) so being on a lap isn't a problem. Has anyone taken their dog in their 7. I was thinking a dog harness, which clips onto a seatbelt, not unlike the ones for young babies on planes. Oh and a set of doggles (goggles for dogs).

Hope I can do something, or my 7 experience may be a miserable and lonely one.

Regards

Gareth

[Edited on 2/8/09 by gazzarose]

spdpug98

posted on 2/8/09 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
I built a Cobra replica with my FIL and he takes his dogs out all the time in his, they are Border Collies

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

mark chandler

posted on 2/8/09 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
My cocker spanial sits there looking regal, my retriever wanted to get out the second I started the engine so never went any further.

All depends on the dog, the retriever is the more placid and controlled so should have been happy, the cocker by nature is stupid and mad as a box of frogs but liked the experience.

Regards Mark

Angus180

posted on 2/8/09 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
i took my dog in a john deere gator buggy and he jumped out for no reason, he was ok tho.
JUD

posted on 2/8/09 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
I think these look good - don't think my mutt would put up with them though.

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

miikae

posted on 2/8/09 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
My Jack Russel loves to go for a ride but last year when on a quick right hander she shot out , fortunately she was tethered to the seat mountings and her head was just visable , so a quick grab and she was soon back on board and with no injuries thankfully , my other dog the Irish Setter wont go near the car when i start it, just sits inside the house looking, i would need a good harness to keep him in though as he is far too active.

A good reason to run with doors on as on that occasion i only had the wind deflectors on, so a lesson learnt , no doors on no dogs inside rule now.

On second thoughts she likes canoe rides and is always jumping over the side and towing me along , so that may well have given her the idea of bailing out as she is fearless.

Mike

[Edited on 2-8-2009 by miikae]

[Edited on 2-8-2009 by miikae]

If it can be done it i will be done .

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
miikae

posted on 2/8/09 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
The Star Rescued attachment 2006_0925DUEY-2007-APRIL0007STAR.JPG
Rescued attachment 2006_0925DUEY-2007-APRIL0007STAR.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eccsmk

posted on 2/8/09 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
that could be quite a site if i meet the russel driving your car down the caister highstreet

ashg

posted on 2/8/09 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
dogwoods jack russell goes out with him in his 7 all the time.

my jack russell will be coming out in mine when its finished. i have a belt that locks into the seatbelt latch and locks on to her collar. i did have a full harness for her but she kept twisting herself up in it

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

rusty nuts

posted on 2/8/09 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Once had a paruchute instructor that took his Jack Russel skydiving in his jump suit . My Doberman would go everywhere with me in my Mini pick up and my old G/S would travel in my Midget quite often
Canada EH!

posted on 2/8/09 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
My old German Shepherd used to ride in my frog eye Sprite, head over the windshield in the day light, head out the side like a railway engineer at night.
When we got him he had been a RCAF mascot, never been in a car except to go to the vet, one ride in the Sprite, couldn't get him out of it, even started leaning before the corners.

ReMan

posted on 2/8/09 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Our )small) dog will happily sit on the floor on the passenger side with SWIMBO in the seat
blakep82

posted on 3/8/09 at 12:41 AM Reply With Quote
doogwood off here has a photo of his dog in his car

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/8/09 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
my hounds ride in cab of my JCB on blankets sitting on top of the rear wheel arches. You just need to get them use to it at a young age, food is also a good bribe

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

gazzarose

posted on 3/8/09 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Oh good so there is hope then. Shes brill in the car, just lies there sleeping, so maybe she will just lie on the floor. I think when I build it she'll have to 'help' so she can get used to it.

Thanks for the replies

Gareth

miikae

posted on 3/8/09 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
When i was rebuilding mine Star often slept in the drivers foot well out of the way used the silencer as a step.

Mike

Numb nuts

posted on 5/8/09 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
The dog I took in my car was a special sort of cocker ...she used to jump about all over me at every chance! ...until we were seen and the viper found out dammed open tops.
col

posted on 8/9/09 at 06:31 AM Reply With Quote
Ive got a siberian husky,probably need a harness,shes always on the move.

Still if i break down no need for a tow truck

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.