Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alfa v6 engined kit car
Markymark

posted on 2/8/09 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Alfa v6 engined kit car

After reading v6 or v6 post, cairetoo has really weed on my parade (no offence) in wanting to put and Alfa V6 into a fury.

What can I put the best engine in the world ever into now?

I know it will fit into a Dax Rush (www.alfadax.com) and and a Luego Viento (johnmor) but I fancied a full bodied car.

What are my choices

jacko

posted on 3/8/09 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
look up Trev Borg in the for sale section
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 3/8/09 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
yeah trev is selling his pitty, you could drop one in most cars but im pretty sure that you will require some king of bonnet scoop to allow for the height of the engine

The DAX rush Alfa V6 is no where near complete yet but does look a very interesting project (and i'll be keeping an eye on it too)

claire has obious proven that the V6 works in the fury! with some very good results

and trev has shown that the V6 is also achievable

personally, if you have the cash to hand i would consider taking a trip to see trev with a wallet full of cash

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Markymark

posted on 3/8/09 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
Hi omega0684, I thought Claire had proven the Alfa V6 DOSEN'T work in the Fury!!!!!

I'm sure if my memories right (which it rarely is) they buid an Alfa V6 engine Stylus (RIP), which is based on the Fury.

[Edited on 3/8/09 by Markymark]

omega0684

posted on 3/8/09 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
she proved it doesn't work for her cuz she stuck a mazda V6 in i don't see why an alfa wouldn't fit.
MikeRJ

posted on 3/8/09 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
she proved it doesn't work for her cuz she stuck a mazda V6 in i don't see why an alfa wouldn't fit.

Claire already said she tried to fit the Alfa engine but it's a physically large engine with the cylinders staggered in the wrong direction to allow it to fit in the Fury.

omega0684

posted on 3/8/09 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
there you go, question answered!
MikeRJ

posted on 3/8/09 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
there you go, question answered!

His question was, since the Alfa V6 won't fit into a Fury, what other cars with enclosed bodywork should he be looking at?

jpindy3

posted on 3/8/09 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
get the autotune,i think its a good looking car and the alfa fits in plus there one for sale with all the bits,for a very good price.
Trev Borg

posted on 3/8/09 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
I' d buy the Gemini if I were you, they look great.

And the Guy thats selling it is spot on, there's everything you need to finish it, and the price is definatey right.

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

By that time, who cares.

You're a mile away, and you've got his shoes

clairetoo

posted on 4/8/09 at 06:06 AM Reply With Quote
I did read somewhere that Banks Europa have fitted the Alfa V6 into the old Lotus Europa - so how about this one ?
As most have said - I would buy it myself if I had the cash and space ................... plus I just happen to have bought a 164.........!

[Edited on 4/8/09 by clairetoo]

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

The Black Flash

posted on 4/8/09 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
Or how about something mid-engined? There seems to be a few kits now with fwd powerplants in the back. I know that the Stratos replica guys use the v6 in this way.
It will be a great deal easier (and cheaper) if you don't have to convert to RWD

Andy, aka Alfadax

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.