Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2.5 v6 corsa
tjoh84

posted on 9/8/09 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
2.5 v6 corsa

going to have a look at v6 vaux corsa what do you think they will handle like any one been in one b4 conversion be carried out by Powercrazy Automotive in lincolnshire looks like a really neat install and all be changed on log book.

just in case it a vauxhall corsa b 99

[Edited on 093131p://0723 by tjoh84]

Ben_Copeland

posted on 9/8/09 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Makes the front really heavy...

Not sure on the weight difference between the 2.5v6 and the 2.0xe but the xe version was always nose heavy and made from some interesting handling !!

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

loggyboy

posted on 9/8/09 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
As above, they are pretty heavy, heavier than the already quite heavy 2.0 4cyl! - and for very little gain (20-30bhp) over the 2.0 16v.
They are less common (good thing?) not only because they are harder (well, more work) to fit but also because the redtops are arguably just as quick.

FYI my nova is fully stripped, weighs 740 Kg, 490 is at front and 250 is at rear... but to be fair, allthough that seems very unbalanced, once its going you have to try very hard to upset it.

but it depends on what you want the car for, if its to be different then a v6 is for sure that, but if its just for a fun track/fast road toy then a XE would be a better bet, and (IMO) a nova would be even better as the chassis 100kg less to start with!

[Edited on 9/8/09 by loggyboy]

Jubal

posted on 9/8/09 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
That money must be burning a hole in your pocket Terry! You have been after modded Kas, MKs and now a Corsa. I think you should take a step back and decide what you want your toy car for. Then sit back and wait for the right car to come along.
tjoh84

posted on 9/8/09 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
you are prob right to be honest i dont really know what i want went to look a v6 but the springs were allmost bottoming out so would need new shocks and sprins to start.

what i really want but need to save up is a 2.0 zetec kit car poref mk ect not anouther locost what to do i should of never sold my last one the guys still got it and not had any probs lol i must of sorted them all out

Jubal

posted on 9/8/09 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
You are in a similar position to me. I have looked at several cars since the MR2 went but unless something really interesting comes along I'm going back to a 7 style kit, or maybe a middy if I can find one I fit in. Weight, handling and towing weights are all a factor. Just need to rebuild the finances a little more...
tjoh84

posted on 9/8/09 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yea I really want a 7type again but think cec as think it's more nicer to drive not as quick but still real good fun how you getting on I didn't know you sold your 7 I had seen u bright a mr2

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.