Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: "travelers" in the car park. What to do?
smart51

posted on 17/8/09 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
"travelers" in the car park. What to do?

We have half a dozen traveler's caravans in the work's car park. What's the best way to get rid of them? Someone has parked a pickup across the driver but I seem to recall that this isn't exactly legal. Where would we stand with this?

nitram38

posted on 17/8/09 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
5 tons of Manure?

carpmart

posted on 17/8/09 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Water Cannon?

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

Angus180

posted on 17/8/09 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
horizontal fire works, bangers ect.
Guinness

posted on 17/8/09 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
Legally I doubt there is much you can do quickly. Their a recognized minority now, with human rights etc etc.

However, there were some interesting suggestions over on PH:-

Friday Fun Pistonheads

HTH

Mike

cd.thomson

posted on 17/8/09 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
the pigs? theyve got to be able to do something other than bully and interfer with the average joe right?

Craig

Howlor

posted on 17/8/09 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
I recall at my last company in Hull some negotiation with a gentle persuasion with a bull dozer seemed to do the trick!

Steve

smac

posted on 17/8/09 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
When we had one of our sites infested we were advised to block them in. We had a large lorry full of rubble emptied out to block half the entrance way and told them we would be back with another in half an hour. As they need to go out everyday to steal they dont like this so they moved. Still left plenty of crap for us to clean up.
Steve Hignett

posted on 17/8/09 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Start putting in Severely large CarPark Blocking posts in the ground, one a day until there is enough space to get a car and caravan through, then tell them they've got three days to leave, before the last one goes in. Sealing them and their car's in for good. Obviously, they could rip them out, but that would be damage to your property.

This was the quickest and most effective way of getting them off business grounds round here (there's faffing millions of the thieving bar stewards).

The only other way needs a LOT of men. There was 300+ the last time here. One bulldozer and one tractor with poo flinger on the back. He just poo-spread the vans up and down all night...

If you go this way, make sure no-one on your side is carrying any weapon, cos the police'll have you...

[Edited on 17-8-09 by Fozzie]

Benzine

posted on 17/8/09 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Just go down the usual route with the police, the whole process takes time and the travellers know this so they can hop between places. If you take anything into your own hands it'll end up being worse, the whole thing is a pain

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve Hignett

posted on 17/8/09 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
smac's reply wasn't there when I was typing - so that's the same thing really.

The only difference, if you use decent posts, leave them in and they hopefully won't be back...

Danozeman

posted on 17/8/09 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Petrol and some matches. Burn em out!!

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

BenB

posted on 17/8/09 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
If it's only your car park (and not near a residential area) can't you put speakers up outside and play death metal 24 hours a day?
Guinness

posted on 17/8/09 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
If it was a works carpark, I'd be looking at wiring the siren from a burglar alarm up to a battery and having it come on randomly through the night.

Failing that, order up a couple of shipping containers to be delivered into the yard to form a nice cordon around them!

Mike

theconrodkid

posted on 17/8/09 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
the one thing they really fear is fire as they keep sack fulls of cash in the caravans,some local smackheads could possibly be bribed to lob some petrol bombs at them,failing that report to plod you were threatened with a gun....good luck

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

flak monkey

posted on 17/8/09 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
As conrod says, say you think you have seen them carrying shotguns and report it to the police. They will be there liek a shot so to speak.

Other than that, the blocking them in is a good move too. As if they decide to rip out posts its then criminal damage to your property so they can only lose.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

chris_smith

posted on 17/8/09 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
we had some in works car park week before last, call the council complain about noise smells and rubbish, call them several times a day and get other works around you (if any) to also call complaining, dont confront them stay away as they can get terribly nasty police wont do anything until council get a "moving on order" or if there is any trouble.

chris

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."

MikeR

posted on 17/8/09 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
had them on the land opposite work. I believe the company that owned the land made a contribution per family to move on.

Once they'd gone the company that owned the land had a number of barrels of concrete delivered and a large 6 foot ditch dug.

They've never been back - but i'm convinced i've seen some scouting the land.

Moorron

posted on 17/8/09 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
i remember when we had some on the small patch of grass opposite work. We joked at how the police visted them every morning for 2 week (to get a free coffee) and how things started to disappear from around the area. it was nice to see their 2 dogs 'doing it' on our carpark all day.

it would be great to know someone who owns a monster truck, i mean how would they notice the difference between old cars and pikey ones. hehe

We also have a small group of them nearer home which just move on from one place to the next but stay in a 1 mile radius. Funny how every drain cover is now missing on the estate.

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

morcus

posted on 17/8/09 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hire gangsters.
steve m

posted on 17/8/09 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Ive always had a desire to "paintball" there caravans. in the middle of the night
perhaps from the back of a decent M/bike with plates off, and then scarper

I WOULD not want to be caught by them !!

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2759
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 17/8/09 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Call an airstrike and nuke the thieving lowlife fcukers and their scumbag kids. Then use the hole for landfill or a boating lake.
cd.thomson

posted on 17/8/09 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR

wow..

been keeping out of this conversation because my little brother sort of looks a bit gypo, but that was a big dollop of hatred right there!

[Edited on 17/8/09 by cd.thomson]

Craig

Benzine

posted on 17/8/09 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR
Call an airstrike and nuke the thieving lowlife fcukers and their scumbag kids. Then use the hole for landfill or a boating lake.

all travellers? or just the ones in the carpark?

[Edited on 17/8/09 by Benzine]

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mistergrumpy

posted on 17/8/09 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
I'd start by telling the police. It depends on how involved they want to get and how much they know about the available powers. In Manchester we used to start by taking vehicle registrations and checking them which moved a few. In Salford we have quite a good grip on travellers and we have an active multi agency team that are quite appreciated by them but if necessary a senior officer can and has issued a kind of dispersal order that was originally intended for illegal raves but as it was never written that way specifically it is used for other things.
Like I say, it all depends on how interested they are and how much they want to push things. A bit weak I know.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.