Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: got made redundant but today whats cis
tjoh84

posted on 18/8/09 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
got made redundant but today whats cis

hi all my place went bankruped today so all lost are jobs. but just got a text saying can i get my cis what is this
omega0684

posted on 18/8/09 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
don't know what cis is, but sorry to hear the bad news

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevebubs

posted on 18/8/09 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
Guessing it may be something to do with this...

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cis/

blakep82

posted on 18/8/09 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
bad news don't know what CIS is, but get down the job centre asap and get signed on. you've paid enough in over the years, you deserve some of it back. i don't think it'll effect any other 'proceedings' etc

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

thunderace

posted on 18/8/09 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
cis
pension cis

tjoh84

posted on 18/8/09 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
allready not been paid for 6 weeks and today told will have to wait 4 weeks more and not get all back as capped to 350 a week
GrumpyOne

posted on 19/8/09 at 06:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tjoh84
allready not been paid for 6 weeks and today told will have to wait 4 weeks more and not get all back as capped to 350 a week

The £350 per week refers to any redundancy payment you may be due and not your unpaid wages which are still due in full.
You are now a preferential creditor of the company and wages due are the first thing the liquidator will pay from any assets sold.
The government runs a scheme to pay redundancy due to employees of bankrupt companies. You can claim at your local job centre.
You may also have a case against your bank if the six weeks wages were paid by cheque and the bank returned them??
You will certainly have a case against the officers of the company (directors) if you wish to pursue them through the courts.
A measure of insolvency is the ability to pay your workers; as soon as you can't pay them you are insolvent and should immediately call in the receiver. If you don't and you continue to trade then you are doing so illegally and you are personally liable for all debts incurred during the insolvent period.
You should mention to the liquidator that you know this and see what happens.

The above assumes that the company was a limited company, if it was a sole trader or a partnership the owner (sole trader) or the partners (partnership) are liable for all debts outstanding.

I hope this helps you and I hope you get sorted soon

Cheers
Colin

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

Jubal

posted on 19/8/09 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
Bad luck Terry. Some good advice there from Grumpy. Get what you are entitled to mate.
nick205

posted on 19/8/09 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
sorry to hear your troubles - looks like we're about to go the same way here.

Our directors have been subsidising the cash flow for some time and I think the party is all but over

DarrenW

posted on 19/8/09 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Whatever you do - dont do what i did and wait ages thinking another job will be along soon before signing on. I left it far too long as i simply didnt want to 'sponge off the state'. Of course this isnt true as all you are doing is claiming what you are due to after paying into the scheme all those years.
Its defo worth getting advice on what to do next.

Are you in a Union? ACAS may be able to advise too.

coozer

posted on 19/8/09 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
I signed on last Friday for the first time in 20 years, I've been plagued by 'agency's' offering me training... when the bloke at the dole asked what my last job was I replied "Quality engineer".. whats that he asks

I feel like they are all trying to make money out of me offering this that and the over...

Beware

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

tjoh84

posted on 19/8/09 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
cheers people going on jsa 2moz hopfully
NS Dev

posted on 21/8/09 at 06:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I signed on last Friday for the first time in 20 years, I've been plagued by 'agency's' offering me training... when the bloke at the dole asked what my last job was I replied "Quality engineer".. whats that he asks

I feel like they are all trying to make money out of me offering this that and the over...

Beware

yep, sounds about right

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.