Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tiger carbon fibre cycle wings
phelpsa

posted on 26/3/04 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Tiger carbon fibre cycle wings

£60 for these, sound quite good value. They would fit 15x7s easily. Would they fit a locost?

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 26/3/04 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
you could trying asking tiger!!!

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
thebutler

posted on 26/3/04 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be a bit wary. Ask Viper how he feels about Tiger mouldings
phelpsa

posted on 26/3/04 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Where is Viper, haven't heard from him for a little while. What was the matter with the tiger mouldings?

Adam

Mark Allanson

posted on 26/3/04 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Apparently, they don't fit Tigers!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

petescamel

posted on 26/3/04 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
Apparently, they don't fit Tigers!

mark youv'e got it wrong

they fit tigers just not the ones every one else buy

thebutler

posted on 27/3/04 at 02:50 AM Reply With Quote
that's my point
phelpsa

posted on 27/3/04 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
So I shouldn't bother with them?

Adam

Northy

posted on 27/3/04 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Bit bellow the belt!

They're only cycle wings! They don't really need to "fit" anything. My cycle wings are fine.

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

Peteff

posted on 27/3/04 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
If you can't make a pair of cycle wings fit it's time to give up, it's like asking if a hat will fit on your head.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Jasper

posted on 27/3/04 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Are they REAL CF, or just that stuff that looks like CF?
phelpsa

posted on 27/3/04 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Well, if they expect me to pay £60 for them I jolly well hope they are proper CF. Even if it isn't then they could be caught by the Ad standards agency, cause thats what they advertise them as.

Adam

Northy

posted on 27/3/04 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Is that £60 a pair?

You don't really expect to get a pair of totally CF cycle wings for £60 do you?

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

phelpsa

posted on 28/3/04 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
No, £60 each.

Adam

greggors84

posted on 5/4/04 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
keep your eyes peeled on ebay we got some for £50 for a pair which were to fit 15s/195 tyres, but were running 16s with 205s so we had to take the Mk Indy stantions through theside of the wing which is really difficult. and ended up making a much bigger dirty hole in the wing which is a shame :'( but a gromet will hide it from maplins

PS: ours were real carbon fibre although they were very thin

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

Peteff

posted on 5/4/04 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
ours were real carbon fibre although they were very thin

That's the idea of carbon fibre, it's to keep the weight down not to look pretty. The look is easy to achieve by cheaper means but it defeats the object. Racing teams paint over it would you believe.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Hellfire

posted on 5/4/04 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Original Post by Greggors
making a much bigger dirty hole in the wing which is a shame :'( but a gromet will hide it from maplins

Why try and hide it from Maplin's... do you know something we all should know?

ned

posted on 6/4/04 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
i've heard that tigers carbon cycle wings are only a wet layup, ie carbon matting laid up wet in a fibreglass type mould. they won't be as light or as strong as a pre-preg carbon cycle wing. depends what properties you want in the wings really. they will look the part and are proper carbon fibre, but don't have the low weight and stiffness properties you might expect..

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

Martin Sports Car

posted on 9/4/04 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there,

I made my own to and they feet 205 tyres R15 wheels

kingr

posted on 10/4/04 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
Ummm, they're cycle wings, who gives a crap if they're solid CF and whether they're wet lay up or prepreg? There's precisely 0 point in having a solid prepreg autoclaved cycle wing, they'll look no prettier than CF over GRP, the weight savings will be so tiny as to be not worth worrying about and the cost, by their very nature will be far more than a more pedestrian method. All they'll do is cause genuine heart ache when one flys off and gets crushed under a lorry. But hey, if you're really worried about the structural properties of your cycle wings, I'm sure Reverie would be only too happy to make you a set of the most expensive cycle wings on earth. Whilst your at it, I'd recomend you get them to gold plate the inside surfaces to allow better heat transfer.

Kingr

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.