Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel Pumps
phelpsa

posted on 18/9/09 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel Pumps

I'm looking at fuel pumps for my GSXR1100 lump, looking at a facet one that's rated at 3-4psi and 1.6 litres/min. Its a completely standard engine so should be making about 130bhp. Is that likely to be suitable?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Guinness

posted on 18/9/09 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
I'd say not. Try to get a pump from a carb'd bike if possible.

They tend to cut out when the float bowls are full. Normal pumps don't seem to work with bike carbs.

Mike

r1_pete

posted on 18/9/09 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Far too high pressure, you need to be around 1.5 PSI, the GSXR1100 was gravity fed, so such a pump as you suggest would be too much.

You need a carbed bike pump, or something like an MG / Morris Minor pump thats been converted to electronic switching.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mad-butcher

posted on 18/9/09 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
As already said, bike pump, these are interuptor pumps the pressure is so low that when the floats shut the pump shuts off, my blade run one off a 600 cc 4 cylinder never had a problem with it after all they're all made by the same firm.

tony

big_wasa

posted on 18/9/09 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
I run one of these on my webers Its also good for bike carbs and it does cut out when the bowls full.

Link

phelpsa

posted on 18/9/09 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Ok so time to keep looking. What bikes came with suitable pumps?

Found this one on ebay that claims it's suitable for carbed bike engines:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Facet-Solid-State-Fuel-Pump-for-RGB-Kitcar-honda-etc_W0QQitemZ330360253551QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?h ash=item4ceb016c6f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_1150wt_939

Is that going to be too high pressure too?

Cheers for the help!

G.Man

posted on 18/9/09 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Carbed R1 pump would probably work

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

matt_gsxr

posted on 18/9/09 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
hi there,

Great to here that you are getting moving on this again. Not enough gsxr1100's out there.

I have just put fuel injection on my GSXR1100 and have a couple of carburetter pumps which I was going to put on e-bay. Mine are both motorcycle ones (the standard Mitsubishi ones, one from a zx9 one from a zzr1100D, they both work fine). I have some filters and stuff too.

Let me know if you are interested. I am only in Oxford, so can pop over (any excuse to collect data for improving the Megasquirt VE table). Either one evening or maybe this Sunday.

Matt

phelpsa

posted on 19/9/09 at 01:18 AM Reply With Quote
You have a U2U winging its way in your direction!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.