Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pug 106 vs F430
NS Dev

posted on 19/9/09 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
Pug 106 vs F430

Thought you folks might like this one.

I'm not a big fan of modded shopping trolleys as a rule, but I can see the amusement factor of this one!

Its a long vid, just so happened that they had the camera on and saw the F430. Starts steady enough but pretty soon gains pace!!!

The 106 was built by a friend of a friend's company, spoox motorsport, and is some way from standard

Pug 106 turbo vs F430 vid

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

nitram38

posted on 19/9/09 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Not being funny, but racing on public roads is not a true comparison of a cars performance.
1/4 mile and lap times tell the true story.

Davey D

posted on 19/9/09 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
As above - there is a limit to how fast you can feesibly go on winding country roads.. if both cars can reach that limit, then they will stay close together.

Get on a nice open track, and the difference will be noticable.

a few years ago i went on on elvington trackday ( its an old airfield with a coned out track if anyone doesnt know what its like). i was in my 300bhp nissan 200sx, and another chap was in his 500bhp Skyline R34 GTT. just like in that video i was all over him like a rash, he just couldnt get away until the long back straight he pulled a few car lenghts on me, but back into the twistes ( it was a very twisty track) i was all over him again. i have no doubt that if we was on a bigger track with faster bends he would have got away from me. On that particular track those extra 200bhp wasnt really any use

[Edited on 19/9/09 by Davey D]

NS Dev

posted on 19/9/09 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
I wasn't suggesting any sort of valid comparison!!

I don't even like poxy 106's, but I definitely would not like one that I couldn't lose in my ferrari, whatever the excuse of public road or anything else.

I know only too well all of the above, we do race a caterham R400!!

Still an amusing vid!

Nearly as amusing as my drive home in the kadett turbo the other day, mr Mitsubishi Evo FQ something-or-other really didn't like it when he gave it a 4 wheels spinning start and gunned it through the gears, and got passed by a t reg old opel!!

Never caught it up either in 2 miles, though braking for the next roundabout was a bit fraught, forgot it needed new pads to replace the oil soaked ones!!

oh yea, re. 1/4 mile times, iirc the 106 does 12.9, so not too crap!

[Edited on 19/9/09 by NS Dev]

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

SeaBass

posted on 19/9/09 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Interesting video... 106 Overtaking looked ragged and red mist induced.
Wont the boys in blue be round knocking on Spoox Motorsports door pretty soon?

goodall

posted on 19/9/09 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass
Wont the boys in blue be round knocking on Spoox Motorsports door pretty soon?

that mean they will also be calling round with ferrari, just cause they build car doesnt mean they endorsed the driving.

depending on how the 106 looks on the outside could be quite the cool car to have, i like idea of small pocket rockets like that. however iv been in a f430 can the experience is completely different to any a souped up hot hatch you gather speed like nothing normal with out feeling it and 160 feels as normal in it as 60

l0rd

posted on 19/9/09 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
WHAT A C**K

I would wish that the lorry was a couple of inches closer to the midle of the road and he would have a new career as a badge on it.

If the Ferrari stopped the car, i am sure he wouldn't stand a chance on stopping the French backet behind it.

Just report the video at the police and I am sure that they could trace him down.

zilspeed

posted on 19/9/09 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Some points from my perspective.

1) Well done for building a quick car to the guys that did it.
2) I bet every time the Ferrari owner goes out in his car, some tosser allways does that.
3) I imagine that the guy in the Ferrari was considerably less excited about the whole thing than the lads in the Pug.
4) How much he did he have in reserve seeing as it was the public road after all. I think it would be lots.

NS Dev

posted on 19/9/09 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
I concur! You're dead right there!!

You get the same in an Ultima, only one prod of the throttle tends to rectify the problem

Re. the boys in blue, spoox don't own the car, nor was it them driving!

Ps, as I said, 106, not my cup of tea at all, don't get the wrong idea, but thought I'd reserve power till last, it was dyno'd at 360hp..........

[Edited on 19/9/09 by NS Dev]

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 27/9/09 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.