Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 CRANKSHAFT NEEDED
mr bidd

posted on 22/9/09 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
R1 CRANKSHAFT NEEDED

Hello, recently bought a Fisher Fury from Blaze Motorsport and got ripped off!! Running very low on oil pressure so took the engine out and a good friend of mine has stripped it to discover I need a brand new crankshaft, shells, bearings etc.etc. Can anyone tell me where I can buy new motorcycle engine parts from, or do I just have to go to a bike shop? Also forgot to mention that it's an R1 engine which ran from 1998-2002 first model. Also running a turbo.
Andy B

posted on 22/9/09 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
I believe you spoke to us quite soon after you purchased the car. Sorry to hear your tale of woe.
A brand new crank will be absolute mega bucks but there is no reason why a second hand one in good nick cant be shelled up at a fraction of that cost. I dont have one on the bench at the mo but might know where there is one if that helps
regards
Andy

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 22/9/09 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Andy thats really good of ya top man

mr bidd

posted on 22/9/09 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Andy, yes I do remember speaking to you about this. I have spoken to a lot of people about it and one of my biking mates races in the Isle of Man and has rebuilt many engines in his time. He's got the engine and has taken it apart. He suggested that I buy a new crankshaft because of the age of the engine and because I am running the turbo it is adding extra pressure. How much would be expect to pay for a new one against a second hand one? Thanks Chris
mr bidd

posted on 22/9/09 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Does anyone know, if I got the crank reground, if I would be able to buy oversized shells to match. For some reason I don't think I would be able to buy non-standard shells?
franky

posted on 22/9/09 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Pretty sure you can. you can also get cranks from aftermarket companies. Have a look on American ebay or PB mag forum.
yorkshire-engines

posted on 22/9/09 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there is no one who produces under size bearings for bike motors so sorry the crank is scrap
a good used one will be around £150-£175 mark and barings are approx £5 per half (18 needed)
i dont have one at momont but i may be stripping a good 2003 motor soon so if you want one with bearings and rods let me know
cheer s malc
ps all cranks 1999-2003 are same

tasmin289

posted on 22/9/09 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Email this guy. He's an autograss racer and has tons of R1 bits.

anthonybickley05@aol.com
He has a list of bits for sale on

http://pub40.bravenet.com/classified/show.php

Paul.S

Andy B

posted on 22/9/09 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Basically what Malc said.
I cant see the problem with using a good second hand one so long as it hasnt been around the world and back and all the journals are mint - in the last 6 years we have only seen one crank snap, all the others have been damaged by oil starvation etc. I will get a price for a new one tomorrow for you so you can compare but be ready to sit down.
I would avoid ex race and anything from a car already as these would have been subjected to more stress
hope that helps
regards
Andy

progers

posted on 23/9/09 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I bought a near new 2003 engine that had a broken case and stripped it for spare parts (mainly gearbox). It was mint inside.

I have the crank for that engine and you can have it for £100 including P+P to anywhere you want in the UK.

PM me if you are interested

- Paul

mr bidd

posted on 23/9/09 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Paul, I have sent you a u2u message but I am new to this site and I don't know if you've got it. Can you email me your phone number. cjbiddle@aol.com.

Thanks Chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.