Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: B####R employers gone insolvent
v8kid

posted on 28/9/09 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
B####R employers gone insolvent

First clue was no pay on Thursday, promised all was well and would be paid Friday because it was the banks fault - then the Receivers turfed us out of the office Friday afternoon!!!

No communication, no explanation, nowt. Looks like it will be 3 or 4 weeks at best before any redundancy pay filters down from the government. Ouch!!

At least the garage will get tidied now.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 28/9/09 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
that's not good. Forget the garage, get your details on the job web sites like monster etc

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zilspeed

posted on 28/9/09 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Never good news.

At least you can use the time productively.

Remember the whole thing to do with notice / leui of notice payment should you be fortunate enough to find a new job in short order.

[Edited on 28/9/09 by zilspeed]

scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 28/9/09 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Bu**er

Wonderous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun, and joy to everyone that rides along!

BenB

posted on 28/9/09 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Arse!
David Jenkins

posted on 28/9/09 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
As above - don't waste any time, get job hunting...

Don't fall into the trap of sitting around waiting for things to happen - they won't.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 28/9/09 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Thats shit, people just dont give a toss about their employees. At least some notice would of been nice !!!

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Mr Whippy

posted on 28/9/09 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
Thats shit, people just dont give a toss about their employees. At least some notice would of been nice !!!

I mind when I worked for Schlumberger, their idea of making folk with over 12 years service redundant was to tell them the night before that if they came it and found a letter on their desk to just go home!

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

Ben_Copeland

posted on 28/9/09 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I mind when I worked for Schlumberger, their idea of making folk with over 12 years service redundant was to tell them the night before that if they came it and found a letter on their desk to just go home!

The night before is not giving some notice

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

tjoh84

posted on 28/9/09 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
i had this happen to me 6weeks ago only just got my redunt paymet and they cap it at 350 a week all though i think it went up this month to 380
Dangle_kt

posted on 28/9/09 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
bad, bad news.

I hope things work out well for you and you have a bit put by.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 28/9/09 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to my world, it's not a nice place.

PricewaterhouseCoopers walked in one day, unexpectedly end of last year, and that was it. 10 yrs building the laboratory (and team) into something quite phenomenal, all gone.

It's taken me a while (and so many false hopes) to accept a few facts, I'm over qualified, too experienced and too old for all employers, finished, the South West is dead.

I've sold the house, liquidated what I can, ready for my partner's job to go - won't be long :-(

I'm then off round the world, spending all I have, so when I return, ready to be spoon feed baby food in a care home...
I can't be alone in planning this.

speedyxjs

posted on 28/9/09 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

MautoK

posted on 28/9/09 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
... I worked for Schlumberger ...

Me too, until end of '06... they've just laid off a number of folks where I was (Stonehouse).
But to lose your job like v8kid is down to bad management.
John.

He's whittling on a piece of wood. I got a feeling that when he stops whittling, something's gonna happen. (OUATITW/Cheyenne)

scudderfish

posted on 28/9/09 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
I worked with a guy who found out that he'd been made redundant when he came back from holiday and his swipe card would no longer unlock the doors. I had to smuggle him past security so he could get his personal effects from his desk.
v8kid

posted on 28/9/09 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the encouragement chaps - bit of a blow to hear that it takes 6 weeks for the redundancy payment to come through.

The really annoying thing is that we were planning on taking a year out next spring and had been saving hard. Anyhow worst things can happen - better brush up the CV!!!

turbodisplay

posted on 28/9/09 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Feel sorry for you, I had that happen to me 5 weeks ago. Phone call at 4pm friday from the administrators, at 5 the office staff got chucked out.
I know what you mean by feeling stiched up, I booked a trackday the day before, could have warned me!
Redundancy payment takes 4 - 5 weeks, as mentioned before cap is £350. The difference from what you are owed and the cap should be paid to you from the admnistrators as you are a preferential creditor.
Look as this as a good thing, you could find a new job or start working for yourself.
I was doing a digital dashboard, put it on hold as I was busy. Now I am going back to being self-employed, working long hours sorting it out, but at least it is something I enjoy.
Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
JoelP

posted on 28/9/09 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
good luck to all

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Steve Hignett

posted on 28/9/09 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
So sorry to hear it V8Kid (and others)...

Happened to me last year the day I returned from spending a fortune on wedding/honeymoon!

As above, get on that CV and hammer every lead...

Fingers crossed...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.