Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mac1 and Mac1 worx ?
Relph

posted on 30/9/09 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Mac1 and Mac1 worx ?

Hi, thinking of getting the Mac1 complete kit they offer on their website and was wondering how much more the worx chassis would cost ?
Also do their kits come with all the nuts,bolts and washers required for the build ?
Cheers.

Steve Hignett

posted on 30/9/09 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
You're best ringing them to ask for a definite answer on price, but I think it used to be an increase of £600.

Their Nut/Bolt pack is very good. Labelled and Listed to make the first several jobs and things like the wishbones/supension jobs tackled very easily.

I had to buy a couple of extra bolts etc and I chose to rivet my panels with greater frequency than they suggested so had to buy extra rivets, but that's about it I think...

grusks2

posted on 30/9/09 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Ive just built the worx, cant remember the differnce in price, but the worx is a lighter chassis and runs the freelander diff rather than the sierra diff, so the diff might be more money i paid £150, but its a alloy case so its also lighter.

The kit comes with every nut and bolt you'll need, mine all came labled in bags, i did have a couple of bolts not in the kit (more they forgot to send them, than not included), i have a garage full of nuts and bolts so i wasnt bothered but if you was missing, they guys are top blokes and will send some out

http://mac1worxbuild.wordpress.com/

forgot my old password so another username doh

bi22le

posted on 30/9/09 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
My WORX used a Sierra diff I thought. Looking at the litriture I have to hand kits 1-7 bulk buy cost £6450 inc discount for bulk buy. Dont know what the normal costs. The site is down due to dick head hackers so give them a call. V nice people to deal with.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

wescottishmatt

posted on 1/10/09 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
I'm currently building a Worx with ZX10r engine running a Freelander diff. The guys supply everything and are really good with any technical or dumb ass questions during the build. Can't rate them highly enough. Even the coffee's are good in the factory.

Not sure on the extra cost for the Worx kit but as above give them a call and I'm sure they'll be happy to take your money no matter what you decide.

ash_hammond

posted on 1/10/09 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
worX RR = Freelander Diff
worX = Sierra Diff

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

Relph

posted on 1/10/09 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Went up last friday and spoke to Marc and Colin, both great guys. I will be using a 893 fireblade engine so they advised me to use a sierra rear diff. Does anyone know roughly how much lighter the worx cars tend to be ?
grusks2

posted on 2/10/09 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
My worx is 447kilos weighed on a digital wieght bidge

http://mac1worxbuild.wordpress.com/

forgot my old password so another username doh

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.