Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: possible Zetec exhaust manifold?
Mave

posted on 10/10/09 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
possible Zetec exhaust manifold?

Would it be possible to adapt this Zetec manifold for use in a Seven? I was thinking of cutting it at the 4 -into-2 point, shortening the lower section and of course turning it around so it points out of the engine bay. My main concern is however that the 4-into-2 point is already too low, so I won't have room to bend the tubes outboard. It's hard to tell from the pictures, and it's a bit too expensive to just buy it and measure it up.

I really like the shape though....

Ebay LINK

[Edited on 10/10/09 by Mave]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 10/10/09 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
tried that once,ended up in the bin
best to get a proper one from raldes or ashley manifolds

[Edited on 10/10/09 by theconrodkid]

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

tomgregory2000

posted on 10/10/09 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
i did it with a standard tubular vauxhall red top manifold and was fine, it fitted the car but not great for top end power as its too small diameter
austin man

posted on 10/10/09 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
lot of work you could end up wasting nearly £200 notes. I think GBS will seel u one in component form. Tiger do tham along with many other manufacturers

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

big_wasa

posted on 10/10/09 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Put a few more quid to it and get a westfield one or for that money as said Tiger, GBS, or Fisher if they still do one.

If you want to have a go at cutting one up look for a s/h st170 exhaust.

Mave

posted on 11/10/09 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Hmm, you're all probably right. Standard Westfield/Tiger etc. manifolds won't fit my chassis without modification though. So I'll have to cut something up and make it work anyhow (unless I want the headers to go over the chassis, like the MK manifold, but I don't really like that).
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.