Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: old chestnut tyres

posted on 11/10/09 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
old chestnut tyres

anyone recommend a tyre other than 888's possibly cheaper.Would all 82 rated tyres be suitable for lighter vehicles cheers Keith
BenB

posted on 11/10/09 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Kind of depends on what you want out of them. I personally like an all-round tyre because I'm mostly on the roads so I like to know that I know I'm safe if it rains.... but others who are more trackday-minded will probably disagree, prefering more slick tyres...
Dangle_kt

posted on 11/10/09 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
there was a recent article saying that as of this winter new EU rules will ban trackday type road legal tyres like 888's as they do not have sufficent wet grip. I think it was on postons heads - worth checking before spending £300+ on a set of tyres you cant use on the road!

I have yoko a539's and they seem pretty good compromise.

ali f27

posted on 11/10/09 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Hi 151 i run tarmac rally tyres can even get them in remold dont really go out in wet might go and try it today need to have look at your aeroscreen too as last time we spoke you had got one to work Regards Alistair
iank

posted on 11/10/09 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
On the "Ban", the EU are not banning trackday style tyres - don't panic!

What they have done is tighten up a whole bunch of the standards tyres must pass to be allowed on the road, which sadly current trackday tyres don't. Toyo et al are working on producing trackday tyres that meet the new regulations but of course it takes a little time to go through that design process.

When the new regulations come into force it means Toyo and friends won't be able to sell their old trackday tyres (in Europe) as they won't be allowed to put the road legal/CE marks on. This will be a problem if the tyre companies can't make sticky tyres that meet the specs, but they claim to be confident that they can do it.

Tyres already on the road/stashed in garages will be fine to continue using until they wear out as they already have the correct marks as of the day of their manufacture - which is what counts as no country retrospectively bans products consumers have been legally using for years.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

ali f27

posted on 11/10/09 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
spot on thats as i understand it as well if its e marked you will be able to us it

posted on 11/10/09 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
alistair sent u a u2u

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.