Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake lines hitting front tyre
Colnago_Man

posted on 11/10/09 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Brake lines hitting front tyre

Just noticed, that my flexi brake lines touch the front tyre when on full lock. I've had the caliper off this morning and trying to find away of curling the line the loopy bit stays between the wheel and body of the car.
The solution that worked the best was a complete loop in the middle of the flex line but this gets pulled quite tight on full lock.

What has anyone else done?

gregs

posted on 11/10/09 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
Mine are quite long but controlled by being clipped to my cycle wing supports. Without this they would touch the tyre.

Might help with a pic.

turbodisplay

posted on 11/10/09 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
I welded a steel tube to the upper mount of the upright. Passed flexi throught this hole.
This keeps it in check, yet didi not reduce availible movement.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
M$RK_VXRD

posted on 11/10/09 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
were does the fexi exit the bodywork as mine worked better being below the calliper rather than above check my pics! any pics of yours may be easier for us to sugest a solution!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.