Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Kit parts direct (Robin Hood)
austin man

posted on 29/10/09 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Kit parts direct (Robin Hood)

Has anyone bouught the zetec exhaust manifold If so whats the general quality like ???

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

MikeR

posted on 29/10/09 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
I've wondered this a number of times....

never liked the crossflow manifold due to it exiting half way up the side of the car.

zzr1100rick2

posted on 29/10/09 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
I bought one for the price its fair enough and it even fitted
scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 29/10/09 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
Ditto above- i rather like mine and a bargain for the price!

Wonderous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun, and joy to everyone that rides along!

lewis

posted on 29/10/09 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
Has anyone bouught the zetec exhaust manifold If so whats the general quality like ???

have you got a link? as im interested too

miikae

posted on 29/10/09 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Linky third item down.

Mike

[Edited on 29-10-2009 by miikae]

If it can be done it i will be done .

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Staple balls

posted on 29/10/09 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
I got one of the xflow ones cheap off ebay.

Didn't think much of the quality, certainly not worth the £140-odd they charge for a new one IMO.

norfolkluego

posted on 29/10/09 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Bizzarely I bought one this afternoon, but not the one in the above link, this one.
http://www.kitpartsdirect.com/page6.htm (bottom of page, code EX13).
I was actually quite impressed with the guy on the phone, he even got me to measure the distance from engine to chassis rail to make sure I got the correct one. Also seen one installed in a Luego and it looks good.
I had one of their crossflow manifolds on the engine we've just taken out, it was the flange that was a bit ropey, it didn't have holes for all of the studs, bit of work with a grinder and drill and it would have been fine, the headers were actually very good.

Volvorsport

posted on 29/10/09 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
if its still the same - the header pipes arent equal length .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

rusty nuts

posted on 29/10/09 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
I had one of their cross flow manifolds , the flange was bent so badly that the only way to get it to seal against the cylinder head was to cut the flange so that the two end pipes and the center two were separated, then I had to make good the welds that weren't complete . As for the stainless steel it was supposed to be made of, it was crap. Can't comment on their Zetec manifolds but I hope they are better made than mine was
Volvorsport

posted on 29/10/09 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
I had one of their cross flow manifolds , the flange was bent so badly that the only way to get it to seal against the cylinder head was to cut the flange so that the two end pipes and the center two were separated, then I had to make good the welds that weren't complete . As for the stainless steel it was supposed to be made of, it was crap. Can't comment on their Zetec manifolds but I hope they are better made than mine was

its the same stuff , 409 grade which will rust and is exactly the same as the 2b chassis tubes .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

norfolkluego

posted on 29/10/09 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Should have my Zetec manifold next week, I'll take some piccies and let you know what it's like
birdii

posted on 30/10/09 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
norfolkluego,

Did the guy at hood say that they had the manifolds in stock? I phoned two weeks ago and he told me that they had run out but he expected to have more stock at the end of the month (now). I'll be interested to hear your verdict as i am about to order a manifold and the silencer for my build.

norfolkluego

posted on 30/10/09 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Was told it would be made to order and would be ready next week. To be fair they make two versions and I needed the non standard (longer) one to clear the Luego's chassis rail (TBH the other one might have fitted with but with < 1/2 inch to spare), they didn't want payment until it's ready.
rusty nuts

posted on 30/10/09 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
I now have a manifold from 907 on the forum , highly recommended!
FASTdan

posted on 31/10/09 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
how much do MK charge for their manifold? Ours was on the car when we got it and I have to say its a lovely bit of kit - gets many comments too as its quite unusual. I presume by the way its made the headers are designed to be equal length too.

Never heard of 407 st st? is that the cheapest of the cheap then? We use 304 (cheaper) and 316 at work.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
MikeRJ

posted on 31/10/09 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls
I got one of the xflow ones cheap off ebay.

Didn't think much of the quality, certainly not worth the £140-odd they charge for a new one IMO.

Same here, very poorly constructed. The two centre pipes actually have a hole between them just behind the flange. I have to chop it around a bit to make it fit the Striker anyway so not too much of a problem, but not worth the money from new.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.