Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Concentric slave cylinder, dimensions?
goodall

posted on 3/11/09 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
Concentric slave cylinder, dimensions?

Hi im looking at one these cylinders and want to know how tall they are as I only have about 40mm of between the fingers of the clutch cover and the back of the bellhousing

thanks

flibble

posted on 3/11/09 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'll measure the one I burst tommorow when it's a bit lighter and drier out if you havn't had any luck by then
I would guess that 40mm isn't enough though but time will tell!

Edit to be nosey.. What are you bolting the Omega box up to??
And again to say that's a good price for one of those, I spent weeks looking and £80 was the cheapest I could find last year - good find!

[Edited on 3/11/09 by flibble]

[Edited on 3/11/09 by flibble]

goodall

posted on 3/11/09 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks tomorrow will do if no other responses tonight

Ah Im not using omega box, its for the type 9 I have which I'm using with a 924 bellhousing and adaptor plate, so that can use with a audi 20v engine. The 924 bell is however kinda shallow. I could use a different slave if need be Omega one just looked the best

flibble

posted on 4/11/09 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Without the baseplate that you can see in the picture you linked, mine measures 58mm compressed, I'd guess the baseplate adds another 5mm or so, sorry!
goodall

posted on 4/11/09 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, looks like have to try making some extra space, have to options either skim a some of the fly wheel, get almost 10mm that way which still ain't enough. Or I can bore out centre of the bell and mount slave on the adaptor, this would likely give the space but I'll lose the certering of the spigot this way and centering will require the hole my adaptor to be accurate.

Or guess 3rd option would be to make a nice slim lever and release bearing for tradition style system

flibble

posted on 4/11/09 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
After I broke the Omega cylinder I used one out of Saab 9-3, I believe (it was cheaper ) and I'm sure that was 10mm or so shorter than the omega one, its in my gearbox now so I'm afraid I can't verify that at all
goodall

posted on 5/11/09 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
well bit the bullet and went local breakers this morning a got a astra slave, cost £25 which is £20 cheaper than new one of ebay after postage. its 40mm when compressed, so with any luck between skimming various parts i might make enough space

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.