Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MegaSquirt & EasyTherm Query
FrankP

posted on 8/11/09 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
MegaSquirt & EasyTherm Query

Hi,
I have tried to use try and calibrate the coolant sensors and Air temp sensors.

As far as I can tell according to the instructions I use easy therm which creates an S19 file and a couple of inc files. The s19 file is downloaded to the MS and the inc file are copied to the megatune directory.

When I run megatune I get an S19 output file but it does not seem to produce the inc files.

Am I missing anything.

I am using Vista - if that makes a differenece.

any help gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Frank

theconrodkid

posted on 8/11/09 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
i had untold problems trying to get easy to work,changed to GM sensors in the end...job done.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

robocog

posted on 8/11/09 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Another vote for getting GM sensors

I went with stock Ford sensors and used Easytherm for a while ...which was close enough ...or so I thought

If you are using easily available from the UK stock Ford sensors I believe you can use different resistors on the board to get it "close"

Problem is that the air temp seems to affect the fueling quite radically and the further out the reading gets the more the fuelling gets 'skewed'

End result seems to be that you get the afrs you want ...then the temperature changes (either underbonnet due to heat buildup/soak or just atmospheric) and they are no longer anywhere near what you want

I had my AFR's slightly rich and certainly safe when the air temp was "mild" then on one exeptionally hot day (was like driving with a hairdryer pointed at us) my car was 'surging' and the AFR gauge was showing that it was running stupidly lean

I also recall that Conrod said similar after the event - may have been the Windsor doo?

There was a thread on the extra site ref making the temperature compensation less "wild" by altering stuff (airden correction?)

The other issue with using easytherm is that if you change firmware, you have to re-do the easytherm process, not a massive deal but changing firmware can be enough of a can of worms to open without the extra doubt that the 'added process' has caused issues

I was intending on trying the hi res code and it just so happened I found a local source of sensors at a good price, however the matching connectors were more expensive than the sensor!

Still not got round to trying the Hi Res code yet, but at least some of the hassle is taken out of the task as I won't have to muck about with Easytherm and I should be able to tell back to back on the firmware if it is doing the job I need

Regards
Rob

matt_gsxr

posted on 8/11/09 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
The _mod.s19 and .inc files all appear in the same directory.

This works fine on my PC but I have XP installed.

One thought. Does Vista "hide" files with some extensions? If you do the old

Run...
cmd [which brings up a command window]
cd to the directory where the .s19 file is, and then do a "dir"

Sorry if this is over explaining, but you did install Vista ;-)

Just a thought

I haven't observed those problems that the others here have described. You can confirm that the MS is doing what you think quite easily by looking at the pulse-widths and how they vary with temperature. Also if you set one of the LED's to indicate warm-up then that is a second easy test.

good luck.

Matt

clairetoo

posted on 8/11/09 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
I spent many hours trying to get easytherm to work.........I finished up with corrupted firmware and corrupted software
Anther vote for getting GM sensors I'm afraid

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

matnrach

posted on 8/11/09 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
I calibrated my sesnors which were off a Rover (green water air temp and brown water temp) and it came out very similar to the standard Bosch calibration. So I used that instead and it has been fine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.