Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Trackday caterham hire
thefreak

posted on 25/11/09 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Trackday caterham hire

Anyone done anything like this?
I'm thinking of an xmas pressie for the missus, she's a bit of a petrol head and is keen to get my locost on the road but think it's going to be a while off.
She's never had a ride in one so was thinking of hiring her one with some track time and tuition. Been having a quick look and book-a-track do hire them out, but wondered if anyone had done something similar and could recommend a decent package?

eznfrank

posted on 25/11/09 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
MK aren't a million miles away from you? Not sure if they'd do it again but they did this for my dad (for my birthday)

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=101963

orton1966

posted on 25/11/09 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
I've Hired twice

I’ve hired twice from book-a-track and would certainly recommend them as a company to do business with.

Value wise they do the occasional novice day with discounted car hire, the first event I did was one of these, it was open pit lane and despite the friend I was going to share the car with letting me down I still thought it was excellent value because of the unlimited track time. The second time myself and my business partner split the driving and the day was split into sessions (I think these were 30 or 40min) this still worked well because we’d each do half the session and because you only had approx 15-20min you would go absolutely hell for leather and by the end of the second persons go, tires and brakes were starting to go noticeably off.

Now here’s the rub we looked at doing another day with them and whereas before there was no charge for the second driver, with the hire cars there was now a significant charge. In my opinion the change took it from being good value to being quite expensive. Although as I said at the beginning I do think they are a good company and the cars were well set up and well maintained, I would just keep an eye out for there special offers.

[Edited on 25/11/09 by orton1966]

Jubal

posted on 25/11/09 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
I've hired a BaT Caterham as a present for someone once. It was a while back but he still raves about it. I took my car on the day as well and negotiated a nice discount on the package.

The tuition they throw in gets you up to speed quickly. Recommended.

The second driver thing mentioned is just a fact of life. Two drivers on an open pit will use the car almost twice as much as one will.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.