Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Look over my new front suspension...
Findlay234

posted on 6/12/09 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Look over my new front suspension...

Well ive re done the IVA protection on the front suspension...

Heres the old...

old
old

Heres the new.... Aluminium panel to shield off the upper brackets, CV boots for the coilovers, heat shrink tubing over the track rod nut (this is out of the CBS catalogue as IVA passable), proper transit ball joint covers....

new1
new1

new2
new2

new3
new3

new4
new4

Cheers

Ivan

posted on 6/12/09 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
I still think that the laws an idiot - any pedestrian hit by that lot will have a lot more to worry about than a few holes caused by exposed nuts and bolts.

What's up with you Brits???

Peteff

posted on 6/12/09 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Get a black aerosol and paint the aluminium so it doesn't look like it's temporary

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Findlay234

posted on 6/12/09 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Cant agree more, born and bred in botswana and parents from jo'burg.

I do think that the idea behind the test is good. saves a lot of really unroadworthy cars getting on the road... just wish they would use a bit of common sense... like the two police women who needed licences to look after each others kids. country going crazy.....

aitch

posted on 6/12/09 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
pleased mune will be enclosed

i reccon the pedestrians should be insured

aitch

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ashg

posted on 7/12/09 at 01:35 AM Reply With Quote
put some trim round the holes in the ali side panels where the wishbones bolt on.

and a better idea than that ali plate is to get a larger washer for the suspension brackets put trim round it then bolt it up. the washer needs to be big so i comes to the outside edge of the bracket. only wish i had a picture to show you.

my motto is if in doubt cover it up.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

MikeR

posted on 7/12/09 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
The expectation is if you're hit at 40mph you're dead but ..... most accidents happen quite slowly. By padding everything the pedestrian just ends up with a broken leg instead of a broken leg, major cuts and blood loss / risk of infection.
tegwin

posted on 7/12/09 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
[pedant] Do the bends/folds in that ally shield meet the radius requirements? [/pedant]
Marcus

posted on 7/12/09 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Spooky, the ally bits and shock covers look identical to mine even the colour of the nose. Can't say much about IVA, but it would have passed sva.

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Findlay234

posted on 7/12/09 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
HA i think they do... thats exactly what was going through my head when I was actually doing the bends... does this constitute 2.5mm rad?? then again if they were that pedantic theyd fail the transmission tunnel as well, the ali panelling cant have enough of a radius....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.