Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WTD: Man with a trailer (farnborough area)
Findlay234

posted on 10/12/09 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
WTD: Man with a trailer (farnborough area)

Got my DVLA inspection in newbury on the 15th and no trailer or trailer license. Anyone with a low loader or a trailer or a vehicle with a tow bar free on that afternoon?? Beer tokens for anyone that does

Otherwise I get a transport company to do it at great expense

Cheers

barbarianbeast

posted on 10/12/09 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
do you live in farnborough (orpington) area then? me too! well done for the iva pass by the way! i did see your other post.
im having a nightmare of a time with the sidcup dvla, avoid them like the plauge.

i had the same problem with my dvla inspection and did this. i hired this van from next to where i work. for 30 quid :-P

will have to a winter blat when were both on the road.

ETA- or more likely farnborough, Hampshire ? lol good luck anyway!

[Edited on 10/12/09 by barbarianbeast]

barbarianbeast

posted on 10/12/09 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
pic Rescued attachment van.jpg
Rescued attachment van.jpg

blakep82

posted on 11/12/09 at 12:21 AM Reply With Quote
^ been thinking of doing it that way myself, the problem is how to get it in the back of a luton van though...

luckily, my local van hire place is run by a guy who is well into racing. used to race formula fords, and still has loads of mad space framed imps and stuff stacked up in his workshop

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Findlay234

posted on 11/12/09 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Well i called around last night and managed to find a car transporter truck for hire that was driveable on a normal license but it was over in newbury. meaning an hours drive to newbury to pick it up, and hours drive back pick up the car, an hours drive back to newbury for the inspection and then all the same in reverse. not worth the bother so i called up some van hire places and might look into a luton van or extra long wheel base. the luton van will give extra room but be a lot more difficult to load the car. the ELWB will fit with a few cm's either side but will be FAR easier to load and may only need ramps.

PS im the hampshire farnborough unfortunately but I fully intent on going to the newlands meets in the summer, you should be able to make those...

Cheers for the tips though guys!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.