Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Twin Weber Trumpet Clearance
greggors84

posted on 16/4/04 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
Twin Weber Trumpet Clearance

Is anyone else running a pinto with twin 45s?

We have noticed that even with just the trumpets on the engine needs to be tilted back a bit so that the trumpets clear the top chassis rail. We have made some spacers to go below the engine mounts. This works, but we wondered if there was another way, maybe another manifold as we wanted to fit the k&n filters but there is no chance of this at the moment.

Thanks

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

mad-butcher

posted on 17/4/04 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
thought i'd posted a reply but it seems to have got lost photo of twin 40's on long manifold in my area
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
macspeedy

posted on 17/4/04 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
i have twin 45's the trumpets fitted do not point straight out they are rotateable don't know how else to discribe it i have fitted a itg air filter but had to make own back plate as it fouled the chassis.
greggors84

posted on 18/4/04 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
I mite have to get me some of those short trumpets then! Mine are much longer and dont curl back on themselves.

Thanks

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

macspeedy

posted on 18/4/04 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
will try and get some pics soon if you can hang on!
mad-butcher

posted on 19/4/04 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
just checked the burton power catalogue there are three lenghts of manifold availiable 30mm 76mm and 165mm
tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
macspeedy

posted on 20/4/04 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
getting the engine run in on a dyno tommorrow and fitting for the last time in rolling chassis the day after so should have loads of pics soon
macspeedy

posted on 21/4/04 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
as always there where some teething problems with getting engine running, we had forgotten to put the dowls in on the inlet manifold that we used to insure it sat in the same place everytime and unfortuneately we had drilled through to the water jacket, dowls held in then a core plug that we had not replaced had broken through rusting from the inside out, but after that she burst into life, tommorrow should have time to run her in and get the carbs running properly! and get a bhp reading

photos to follow

[Edited on 21/4/04 by macspeedy]

SteveO

posted on 22/4/04 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

I'm having the same problem. got my manifold from burtons and got the shortest trumpets to fit. I took my indy for rolling road and they said as the filter is soo compressed by the frame it acting as a choke on the first two trumpets and causes unbalance of the webers. so i asked them to get angled manifolds so the trumpets will clear the frame and use the prefered longer trumpets.
Northampton motorsport asked burtons if they had any but they didn't but gave them the suppliers number, who say it'll take two weeks to get or make. i should have them by weekend hopefully.
i'll keep u posted.

Steve

greggors84

posted on 22/4/04 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Let us know how much they cost and who you got them from etc.

Thanks

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

SteveO

posted on 29/4/04 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
replaced manifold

Hi

Finally got hold of angled inlet manifold for my 40s and its now fitted, it clears the top frame and allow me to fit the longer trumpets. i got it for £85 +vat from Tiger.

little advise: don't try taking off the water adaptor thing from the old manifold if you've run the engine for some time- it'll snap off easily. get new ones from Tiger or ford the part number 6148087 J3 adaptor for the straight one but i got the 90 degree angled one.

Steve

macspeedy

posted on 29/4/04 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
gald to hear you got something sorted out

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.