Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rage against the X factor vid
speedyxjs

posted on 19/12/09 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Rage against the X factor vid

Check this out!

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

iank

posted on 19/12/09 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Most excellent

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

A1

posted on 19/12/09 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
RAGE FOR NO 1!!!
Benzine

posted on 19/12/09 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
5 and a bit hours left to buy it!

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 19/12/09 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Get buying if you already havent

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Steve Hignett

posted on 19/12/09 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Where do I buy it from again (so it counts)?

locostbuyer83

Bought 3 copies but I don't think it's gonna win any more. Cd sales today will push the other song into the lead.get buying everyone!
locostbuyer83

Bought 3 copies but I don't think it's gonna win any more. Cd sales today will push the other song into the lead.get buying everyone!
locostbuyer83

posted on 19/12/09 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.play.com/Music/MP3-Download-Track/4-/6773090/Killing-In-The-Name/Product.html?aid=6771851

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett

RichieW

posted on 19/12/09 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
I was going to buy rage against the machine but then I read that they are run by the same company as Xfactor (Sony) So I thought "f*ck em!", and kept my money.

The record execs must be rubbing their hands. They can't lose.

clairetoo

posted on 19/12/09 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichieW
I was going to buy rage against the machine but then I read that they are run by the same company as Xfactor (Sony) So I thought "f*ck em!", and kept my money.

This is nothing to do with who makes money - it's about `manufactured pop' , and the possibility that `X' factor could have their fifth Christmas number one .
And it's about the right to protest - if I hear `my one purchase wont make any difference' I will probably scream
Thats the same apathetic attitude that says `my one vote wont change anything'

You dont have to like the record - but less than a quid (and you can even get for free) to knock the smug smile of slime-on Cowell's face has to be worth it

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

Benzine

posted on 19/12/09 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

quote:

Rage Against The Machine have announced that they will give away the cash they make from the sale of their track Killing In The Name Of.

The 1992 hit is competing with Joe McElderry’s version of The Climb to hit the Xmas number one spot after a Facebook campaign. Earlier in the week the group were far ahead in the chart race- but the gap has now narrowed after the X Factor winner’s track was released on CD.

Rage’s Tom Morello has said they’ll give proceeds to homeless charity Shelter and Youth Music.

good reason to buy

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Angus180

posted on 19/12/09 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
GO BUY IT NOW, ACTUALLY BUY IT, ITS ONLY A FEW PENCE. . .
balidey

posted on 19/12/09 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
That video is hilarious.
Looks like Susan Boyle has a 'tache in it though.... so extra marks for realism

johnston

posted on 19/12/09 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I've been trying to get a few guys to see that.

It won't knock the smile of cowells face , sony will give him a pat in the back.

x factor + 1 facebook group = twice as many singles as predicted. .

X factor is in existence to make money partly by selling a single at the most lucritve xmas no1 time. It is carefully set up to do this 6 months exposure to end so that release date coincides with the xmas chart.

This year effectively put two of their artist head to head for the top spot. All because of X factor. All it has done is do what x factor is designed to do --- MAKE MONEY

To me anyone that jumped on hasn't fought the x factor wagon they helped i, they done what it is designed to do get people to buy records.

A1

posted on 19/12/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
i just think it would be good to have proper musicians at the top of the charts...for pretty much the first time ever
UncleFista

posted on 19/12/09 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Amazon's cheapest at 29p

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

phelpsa

posted on 19/12/09 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
quote:

Amazon's cheapest at 29p

But it doesnt count toward the chart....

flak monkey

posted on 19/12/09 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it does.

The price is what the retailer has to pay to the record company for the track. Amazon are selling at a loss.

Sera

morcus

posted on 19/12/09 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Your all being conned, and as much as I'd like to see the christmas number 1 not go to x factor, seeing it go to a non christmas song is just as bad, and as said before, sony win either way. Killing in the name of isn't really what people want to hear at christmas, and I doubt it will be number one as these things pop up every year (Remeber when they all said everyone was gonna buy Rick astlees never gonna give you up?).

A song with no radio friendly edit about riots in LA and Racist policemen can't be Christmas number one.

speedyxjs

posted on 19/12/09 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
Your all being conned, and as much as I'd like to see the christmas number 1 not go to x factor, seeing it go to a non christmas song is just as bad, and as said before, sony win either way. Killing in the name of isn't really what people want to hear at christmas, and I doubt it will be number one as these things pop up every year (Remeber when they all said everyone was gonna buy Rick astlees never gonna give you up?).

A song with no radio friendly edit about riots in LA and Racist policemen can't be Christmas number one.

Its not going to be a christmas song either way so i would rather spend a few pence and give the good song a chance!

flak monkey

posted on 19/12/09 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
There is a radio edit of the song from when it was released back in 1992!

You are kinda missing the point. Regardless of what record label both songs are on its about the crappy manufactured pop that dominates the charts from people who are basically just karaoke singers. Real talent is with bands and musicians and songwriters (of all types - from pop to metal, jazz and blues) and its about seeing more of it in the charts.

RATM are donating the profits of the song to Shelter and Muscial Youth charities, so they arent benefitting. They have also said if they get to #1 they will do a free concert here in the UK. I dont see Simon Cowell and Mcelderberry donating big sums of money to charity. Even the fans have raised over £50k for shelter in the last 2 weeks.

I doubt any of this is going to pursuade you this late in the game anyway.

Sera

emsfactory

posted on 19/12/09 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
I have been telling everyon I can about the rage movement.
Then almost forgot to get it myself, done now.
I know sony get the money in the end, i know KITNO is not a christmas song but it is so good to stick it to the bloody x factor camp.
Most of my family included.
i have been bombarded with crap about x factor,
strictly, i am in a jungle, i can dance, i want to be oliver bla bla bla. For years.
Its funny how they are all disgusted when I bring up this challenge. They just dont get why people would do this, similar to how I dont see how people give a toss about katie price. This is more that just against Cowell.

Come on all those uninterested in tv voting shows. Your chance to send it back to all those who have been anoying you for years.

johnston

posted on 19/12/09 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
RATM have said they will donate som of the royalties. But sony likely have a bigger cut than they do.

Want to make an impact pick another 1 of the big 4 labels

Or pick a band on an independent still doing the club circuit. Plenty on my space / facebook still working hard to get this sort of break.

RATM has went this far download only so so can they!!

RichieW

posted on 19/12/09 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
Clairetoo. My purchase matters, that's why I'm not giving my money to Sony.

Frankly there's nowt in the charts worth my hard earned cash. I hate X Factor, the free ITV publicity it generates and the fact that it has buggered up the charts every xmas for years. I like even like rage against the machine. I saw them live years ago at the Mayfair in Newcastle as an angst ridden A level student in the early/mid nineties.

I still can't be arsed now with it though. In the end I don't give a stuff. It's not a general election or anything. The Sony bonus pool can p!ss off as far as I'm concerned. I suspect that the UK pop chart has never represented my personal music taste and never will, i dont want to change that now. It's of no consequence to me or anyone really. It doesn't matter.

Cowell isn't getting a fourth swimming pool indirectly through me. That's it.

[Edited on 19/12/09 by RichieW]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.