Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 Clocks problem
r1_manx

posted on 2/1/10 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
R1 Clocks problem

I'm running an 2003 R1 engine in my mini, the wiring has recently been installed on the car (well almost) and I have an issue with the clocks that I hope someone on here can help me with. Basically, when the ignition is on (accessories only, not engine start position) the clocks show 2 messages on the screen which cycle between them...I am getting 'Err-1' and 'Err-2'. Does anyone know what these relate to diagnostically? I'm almost ready to start the engine, just need to baffle the sump and fill her up, any advice on this problem would be great. Cheers

If im not in action, im in traction!

stuart_g

posted on 2/1/10 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
I think Err1 is that the clocks can not see the ECU.

Do you have power to the ecu aswell as the clocks in the accessory position?

When I did my BEC I just had on and off no accessory position.

r1_manx

posted on 2/1/10 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a 4 position ignition barrel for it, it's 1-0-1+2-start (1 is accesory, 0 is off, 1+2 accessory+ignition live). The clocks power up ok in the 1+2 position before the engine starts but the error code still flashes up, i'll check that the ECU is definitely getting power at this point. The clocks loom was bought separately as it did not come with my engine kit. I had an extra wire on the sub loom for it but was informed that it's for the immobiliser on later models which my engine loom doesn't have so it's redundant. We went over the wires using the diagram and a locating the corresponding ECU wires, tracing them to the clock sub-loom. I'm thinking, we may have got a couple of wires out of place so that would explain why the clocks can't see the ECU and throw up the error message. Thanks for the advice.

If im not in action, im in traction!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.