Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: s2000 possible donor
daniel mason

posted on 6/1/10 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
s2000 possible donor

if building an s2000 powered kit what parts are needed and would it be better to buy a damaged car (around £3,500) and sell on all bits not needed or would it be better to just buy engine/box?
would s2k diff, drive shafts,prop,brakes and wheels be of any use? also steering column,key set and dash? cheers

imp paul

posted on 6/1/10 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
you would be best off fitting s 2000 diff shafts and engine and box and selling all other parts off me thinks lol as engine and box is going to be all day long £2500 min plus all other bits good luck paul
jacko

posted on 6/1/10 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Chris Mason is the man to ask he built a very nice s2000 mk indy
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 6/1/10 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
will s2000 diff ratios be ok? you would not need gearing for 150 mph
DAN-MNR-ZX12R

posted on 6/1/10 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Ive looked into this....

Unless your planning ro fit all the ABS and tracktion control systems your be needing a good stand alone ecu.

I'd be buying the whole car.

Good luck

daniel mason

posted on 6/1/10 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
what sort of cost for ecu? can original ecu not be modified to suit?
do they need a dry sump as they are a very tall engine?

imp paul

posted on 6/1/10 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
if you want a good ecu you could fit hondata or a dta s60 pro but i feel the oem ecu would do the job all down to home work and as big dan said i would buy the full car its your call always use a wibble stick
franky

posted on 6/1/10 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
I'd go for the whole car, you'd be surprised with what you'd be able to sell and how much for.

I've paid £1300 for an m3 donor, i'm using the box/engine/engine loom/dash/forged wheels/plate/donor v5/ecu/lsd diff etc. I've got 'orders' for all the other parts on bmw forums which add up to about £1200.

£100 for all the m3 bits

Even If I don't get the prices i've agreed for the other bits I'd still be looking at less money than people pay for a duratec etc.

Find the best donor you can, look on honda forums and do the math.

the reason scrap yards etc buy them is for a good reason.

[Edited on 6/1/10 by franky]

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 7/1/10 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Give MNR a ring, they do an S2000 based car. Take a look at MNRs Web site

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

rickys2000

posted on 7/1/10 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
I have just finished and IVAd a luego viento with S2000 engine box and diff. I used the Omex 710 ecu to manage everything and also fitted Jenvey TBs. Take a look in my archive and you will get the picture with regards to engine height etc etc
daniel mason

posted on 7/1/10 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
i cant find the mnr s2000 anywhere. it just says they will fit. how much ground clearence do you have ricky? whats it like to drive and did you even manage to squeeze the honda seats in it?
marc n

posted on 7/1/10 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
s2000 is a cracking donor, use the diff too though,i like the bike power but if i was tempted to a car engine s2000 is the only one i would consider, not a duratec, zetec etc. stand alone ecu is easiest mbe gets my vote comes with a lovely loom where everything plugs in you get traction control launch control the lot for not much money, hence why im using it in my busa turbo car. speak to damien at daytuner he can tell you all about the mbe system

go s2000 you wont regret it

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
franky

posted on 7/1/10 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
if building an s2000 powered kit what parts are needed and would it be better to buy a damaged car (around £3,500) and sell on all bits not needed or would it be better to just buy engine/box?
would s2k diff, drive shafts,prop,brakes and wheels be of any use? also steering column,key set and dash? cheers

is it just an s2000 engine you're thinking of using or just an idea?

daniel mason

posted on 7/1/10 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
if my 2009 R1 mnr which is for sale,sells i am interested in the mnr kit which is advertised on here and un started. it has a 2008 R1 motor but i am thinking of going car engined this time. i would only build an mnr as i have got to know chris and marc when they built my car and they were both spot on with me! i thought i could sell the R1 motor and diff and use a damaged s2k as a donor!
franky

posted on 11/1/10 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
wouldn't it be cheaper to just convert yours to CEC?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.