Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: latest pictures of my Xbow style car.
stuleah

posted on 7/1/10 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
latest pictures of my Xbow style car.

Here are some of the latest pictures of my Xbow style car. Genuine advice welcome for the IVA test.

Humbug

posted on 7/1/10 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Interesting-looking car, though personally IMHO from an aesthetic point of view it looks like it needs smaller wheels/bigger tyres?

Re IVA:

Are the rear lights close enough to the outside edges?

Where are the headlights?

Is there a foglight?

Are the red things on the back reflectors? If not, you will need some somewhere.

Presumably that is a donor number plate - it shouldn't be on there!

Sharp edges on the cycle wings?

Do the cycle wings cover the wheels to the required angles?

Any sharp edges on the exhaust, or are they protected by the cross beam thingies?

Cheers,

Simon

stuleah

posted on 7/1/10 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply Humbug.
The rear lights are close to the limit but just in, the headlights are dual projector (hi and low) these are the main thing i am concerned with.
i havnt fitted the fog light yet but i have got one ready also i have the reflector but they will stick on the mudguards when painted.
number plate is for show to see how it looks.
size of mudguards are ok but i think i will have to stick some rubber round the edges for iva.
no sharp edges on the exhaust.

I need some new tyres so i may fit some slightly bigger.

Cheers Stu

Mr Whippy

posted on 7/1/10 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Although I personally don’t like the style, that is very impressive obviously you’ve put a lot of work into that. I think it’s a mistake to paint the back wheel and arch black (if that’s deliberate) as it makes them look even smaller especially seeing that the back is so high. Like the original, this might be better in a bright colour.

Apart from covering sharp edges and I can’t see a side repeater indicator lamp or rear red reflectors (just looks like a stop/tail lamp) I can’t see any fail areas from the photo’s. Hope there’s a mesh or something going round that exhaust too. Good work keep going, wish I’d such a big workshop

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
thunderace

posted on 7/1/10 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
looks very nice ,it may not be evryones cup of tea but there are some nice lines on the car i like a lot,great job and the rear looks like a face and looks very nice.
contaminated

posted on 7/1/10 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Thumbs up from me. I think it looks the nuts.
Mr Whippy

posted on 7/1/10 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
you should put pictures of the build in you photo archive so we can see how you went about building it. How did you do the body panels, are they copy's of an original car or home made replicas?

[Edited on 7/1/10 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_gsxr

posted on 7/1/10 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Wow that looks like a lot of work. Nice one.

Centre mirror was a requirement of SVA, I assume it is still needed for IVA.

Some of your air vent holes are pretty large, if you can fit the 100mm ball into them (can't remember which) then you have to make sure no sharp edges in the hole. I had to put trim around the front air entry to bring it down to 99mm. It might not be 100mm, I can't remember.

I don't think it is possible to pass first time with a one-off like this, but don't be dis-heartened.

Matt

scootz

posted on 7/1/10 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Very smart... great to see something a bit 'different'!

It's Evolution Baby!

stuleah

posted on 7/1/10 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the comments, quick reply to most of them,
the side repeaters are on the front silver panel edges you can just make them out behind the shock line, sharp edges will be covered even if i go overkill just to make sure, there will be mesh in the main air vents on the sides but the rest will be open.
I made all the panels myself, the whole car has been built by just looking at lots of photos so it will be quite a bit different to the original but will resemble it.

What are peoples opinions on colour? as i was originally thinking of doing it in metallic yellow and black with high lights of yellow on the wheels, i am hoping to put it into production when its done if i get enough enquiries which is why i have done it in a more neutral colour scheme for now.
here are a few pics to show how the tub progressed ready to mould

stuleah

posted on 7/1/10 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
you should put pictures of the build in you photo archive so we can see how you went about building it.

started an archive now

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/1/10 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
cheers what a huge amount of work you put in

aitch

posted on 8/1/10 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
awsome job m8

would really like to see way more details pics of construction chassis etc, especially the tub making process

aitch

aitch

posted on 8/1/10 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
weight

also out of interest what weight has it come in at ?/

aitch

stuleah

posted on 8/1/10 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
have a look in photo archive i have started putting pics in there.
Dont know the weight yet but estimating between 500kg to 750kg, hopefully the lower

Gakes

posted on 9/1/10 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
WOW!!!

Great work. Looks like lots of hours spent sanding and mocking.

Do you have handbrakes fitted?

Description
Description

aitch

posted on 10/1/10 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
is the tub removeable for inspection of the chassis ??

aitch

russbost

posted on 10/1/10 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Nice to see something that's not a seven or Cobra!
I think defo go for a bright colour scheme - good luck with the production side of things - just don't rely on it as a source of income - I'd be very hungry if I did!
Can't seewhy you should have any significant probs at IVA - probably easier than a 7 as less sharp edges!!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
stuleah

posted on 10/1/10 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
again thanks for the commentsThe pictures are mainly of the the plug, once i have moulded the tub and finished the bits on the chassis then i will fit the handbrake and gearshift. My intention was to make the main tub not removable, will this be a problem for IVA.
Russ im not relying solely on it we (my father in law and myself) have a car body shop which will be working alongside.
being different from the lotus 7 type and cobra was one of the reasons for building it.

russbost

posted on 10/1/10 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Stu
What engine is it - no one seems to have asked? I hope it's going to be nearer the 500kg mark than 700+ any idea what performance you're expecting?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
russbost

posted on 10/1/10 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Stu
What engine is it - no one seems to have asked? I hope it's going to be nearer the 500kg mark than 700+ any idea what performance you're expecting?

stuleah

posted on 11/1/10 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
The engine is 2 litre mondeo 130bhp (ish)
at present the engine will stay standard but hopefully when funds allow, then it will get tuned up a bit.
I dont know anything about tuning so when i get to that stage then i will look into options that i can go down.

Russ
just been looking at your website, must say i do like your car, like you said its nice to see something different out there.

[Edited on 11/1/10 by stuleah]

aitch

posted on 12/1/10 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
have to say im well impressed and its an inspiration as im looking t do something a little different too, constantly wavering between aluminium body and composite, thinking i will use a combination of both

aitch

stuleah

posted on 12/1/10 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
Nice to know i can inspire.

good luck with your project, keep us posted.

stuleah

posted on 25/1/10 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
some better quality pics

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.