Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bumpers not required!
RK

posted on 24/2/10 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Bumpers not required!

As title. thanks for the help anyways, but the engineering department of my provincial government actually knew the car type and confirmed what I had thought.

This is called "a good day" for kit builders.

UncleFista

posted on 24/2/10 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
The powers-that-be seem to be a bit more on the ball over there than over here mate The DVLA would've just refused to make a decision

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

RK

posted on 24/2/10 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
The trick is getting yourself pushed up the chain of command until you reach someone intelligent. And don't confuse the lower echelons too much with detail - don't give them a reason to say 'No'. I have had many dealings with the provincial government on several issues, and it works every time.

BTW, this guy responded to my email within one day, by PHONING me, believe it or not.

StevieB

posted on 24/2/10 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
The trick is getting yourself pushed up the chain of command until you reach someone intelligent.

And therein lies the problem with the UK system - you can keep progressing up the chain but will never find any intelligence along the way. When you reach the top, they give patch you through to the first dept you spoke to.

It's the circle of beaurocracy.

Canada EH!

posted on 24/2/10 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Who was the bone-head that told you a bumper was required, there are many Hot Rods and Lotus and Caterham 7's in Ontario, never seen one with a bumper yet!
RK

posted on 24/2/10 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
I am not in Ontario. The inspector/mechanic found every possible detail, including "no non-slip surface on the brake and clutch pedals" and wrote it on his report.
ptrxly

posted on 25/2/10 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Try contacting Jim Gould (Busaloco) jimgould@topproducer.com who went through all the hassles with the BC MOT trying to get his Hayabusa powered SR7 registered. He may be able to help. I had no issues here in Ontario. Pandora McMillan at the MOT was most helpful.
RK

posted on 26/2/10 at 02:18 AM Reply With Quote
Now they want an engineering certificate. I've had it to be honest. The car is for sale. u2u to discuss

I'm going to plod along doing the little jobs like daytime running lights for the time being. Then it's FREE space in my garage hopefully.

40inches

posted on 26/2/10 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Can you not get it registered in Ontario? Different Province, same country!
RK

posted on 26/2/10 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
You are not allowed to register a car if you don't have a driver's license. Our country is 10 separate countries, and mine is for the one beginning with Q. Changing provinces is as hard as changing countries. It is really really stupidly difficult. As I said, car is for sale, but not realistic about it til it's roadworthy.

[Edited on 26/2/10 by RK]

[Edited on 26/2/10 by RK]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.