Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: "Build Finishers" I think thats the thing I'm looking for
bigpig

posted on 6/3/10 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
"Build Finishers" I think thats the thing I'm looking for

Well I'm now nearly 3 years in and work seems to be taking more and more of my time. I'm pretty much at the point over the last 6 months where I've been able to order a sticker and that is it. With work loads at the moment I'm getting almost no weekends free and I'm not going to get a significant chunk of annual leave for several months now.

Its at the stage where there is a general polish, sort out wheel alignment, head light alignment, put on half a dozen nut covers and its ready for IVA.
I'm in the situation where either
a) I sell the car as I haven't got the time to do the final bits of work this year and I don't want it in the garage for another year
b) I try to find if there are people/companies that do the finishing off the IVA process as a service. Does anyone know of one around the East Midlands area that does this sort of thing.

Does anyone know for the finishers what the sort of costs involved are/if they give estimates up front e.t.c. I don't really want to be spending 3 or 4 grand as I'd rather sell the car on at a reasonable price than do that.

MikeR

posted on 6/3/10 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Mark Henderson (think thats the right name) runs a kit car finishers business - although not local.

NSDev runs retro rides - i think he's fully booked up for ages but he may be interested in finishing it for you if you're in no rush / he's short of work. He's built a very nice stuart taylor for himself so has experience of kit cars.

scootz

posted on 6/3/10 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
John Henderson is his name... PROFILE LINK

Not been active on here this year though

It's Evolution Baby!

iank

posted on 6/3/10 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Mr Henderson's site http://www.kitfinishers.co.uk/
No idea of the quality of the finished work, but any company doing that kind of thing should be able to show you a portfolio of completed car pictures and/or recommendations from previous customers.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

bigpig

posted on 6/3/10 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys I'll probably get in touch with them later in the week.
MakeEverything

posted on 6/3/10 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigpig
Thanks guys I'll probably get in touch with them later in the week.

Can you mention that people here mentioned him please? It would be nice to see him back.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

bigpig

posted on 6/3/10 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah. I spoke to him about the forum thing. I don't think he is majorly interested in using the forum again.
JUD

posted on 12/3/10 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
If you want a comparison price then give Pat Jackson a ring on 01869 345576. Tell him Martin Hunt sent you.

He is based in North OXON, and would be able to transport your car to/from his workshop.

I would imagine he would be able to give you a firm price - but check with him.

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.