Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR build
EasyJimbo

posted on 12/3/10 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
MNR build

Having sold my MK I am now looking at getting another kit soon and thinking about the vortex+. One question I have is that witht the MK the build manual was next to useless, but with the MNR it appears to be much better, is this the case. ARe the module kits easy to put together? I didnt complete my MK so havent built a car completly

thanks
j

be gentle I am new to all this :-)
blog: http://mkjimbo-mkindybuild.blogspot.com/

omega0684

posted on 12/3/10 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
im not sure about the MNR build manual but i think the general consensus would be that most build manuals are quite vague as each and every car is different.

i would think of it as "Loccostbuilders is my build manual" if you have any problems stick it up on the forum and you'll get several recommendations on ways to proceed

HTH's

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
franky

posted on 12/3/10 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
The one from GKD is very comprehensive, exploded diagrams etc etc too.
eddie99

posted on 12/3/10 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
As Alex said, non of the build manuals i've seen are any good. Maybe MNR's are better and i have also heard that GKD ones are decent and more context.
But LCB answers all the things you need to know quicker than reading a build manual and in more depth

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Davey D

posted on 12/3/10 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
if youve built a kit before, then you can just scan through the MNR one for any minor items you are unsure of. I found it quite vague when i built mine. I printed the full build manual out and put it in a ring binder ready to use. In the end the pages got used more for writing notes, and lists on the blank back sides of the sheets

Im sure ive read on here somewhere that they took the build manual off their site, and they was making a new one?

bassett

posted on 12/3/10 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
The old manual didnt really help me other than recommending what order to do certain things. Pictures were ridiculous i was never sure what i was looking at and how it transfered to my car. One thing i would recommend is a full mock up before permanently fixing anything as i often found things getting in the way ie the coolant hose and the front brake line. If youve built or part built before i dont think you have much to worry about and the car has a very good layout with brackets for essential items but il be damned if you can find out how to fit their exhaust and gear change cable brackets. I've heard there was a new manual which may be better.

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

RickRick

posted on 12/3/10 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
i gave up with the mnr manual fairly quickly it started off in a funny order. i did have a read/flick though before i even got the kit, and i did think that was worth it just for an over view
Jaysun370

posted on 12/3/10 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
I pick up my kit next saturday but got the build manual a couple of weeks ago.

From my initial, and not very experienced view, i'd say that it will be a rough guide only.

It means i'll be annoying all on here

spdpug98

posted on 12/3/10 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with most on here, the build manual is basic/OK but I do believe it was being re-written

Any questions I did have during my build where all answered (very) quickly on here!

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

richardh

posted on 12/3/10 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Same thing here when i did my MNR.
To be fair to Chris and Marc they were avail on the phone too and via email.

Quickest was using LCB like the rest of us TBH

Time for a change!

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 12/3/10 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
I found the build manual to be pretty good, especially combined with the advice from LCBs, and this is my first build.

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

The Venom Project

posted on 12/3/10 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Manual

Yeah forget using the manual, if you get stuck, post a question on the Forum, most people will have encountered the problem before and will give a much better idea than trying ti figure out what the manual means or shows. Saying that, my car isnt on the road yet and is due to be submitted to MNR for pre IVA checks next weekend

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.