Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 06 Exhaust
Coopz

posted on 12/3/10 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
R1 06 Exhaust

Ordered My exhaust from MK after bit of delay it arrived today. But now I'm not too happy again The manifold looks miles off it hits the diagonal chassis bar and doesn't line up with the manifold ports. Also they have welded a 4-1 on the manifold did I have to state specifically I wanted a 4-2-1 as I thought I was paying for this. Any ideas to make it fit or send her back to MK?

Also the exhaust can came pretty battered scratches/marks how do you polish/buff these cans up never done it before?

MakeEverything

posted on 12/3/10 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Send it back. If its not what you ordered, or not what you want, youll regret "Making Do" jsut to save a bit of aggro.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

austin man

posted on 12/3/10 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
did u specify 4-2-1 ? call the guys at MK the are a good set of guys, their quality and customer service tends to give them a good level of business.

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

lococost

posted on 13/3/10 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
All respect to MK, but I think their quality of exhaust manifolds is crap. Mine didnt fit either without some abuse and the bad quality manifold story has been told numerous times by others on this forum.

[Edited on 13/3/10 by lococost]

DRC INDY 7

posted on 13/3/10 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
I got my exhaust made be martin at mk engineering it fitted perfect but i hear he may not be doing exhaust any more

I maybe wrong but it was mentioned on here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

mistergrumpy

posted on 13/3/10 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
My manifold that I got from them didn't fit either. The lengths were different and the spacings not quite right. I managed to force it and after a while it seems to have taken shape alright.
The customer service wasn't much better in my experience either. I would get it sent back if you're okay with the wait.

Coopz

posted on 13/3/10 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Sound like im not the only one. I think I will try and bend/force it on tommorow if not will send it back and wait a few months delivery on a new one

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.