Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WTD Argoshield / argoshield light bottle
carlknight1982

posted on 15/3/10 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
WTD Argoshield / argoshield light bottle

for ages ive used a helium canister for my welding gas but now BOC wont refill it and want to charge me a fortune for a bottle, anyone got an old one they dont want or know where i can get one cheap.

Logic will get you from a A to B
Imagination will take you everywhere.

matt_claydon

posted on 15/3/10 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Surely BOC won't fill anything that isn't a bottle rented from them? Or do you have a 'friendly' local branch?
big_wasa

posted on 15/3/10 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Bottles are now barcoded to stop this. My local place told me last year Boc are going to start jumping on rogue bottles.

In theory you used to be able to rent the bottle, take back a spare a week or so later and finish the contract. Thus just paying for the gas. You can guess why they dont like that.

m8kwr

posted on 15/3/10 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
I use Adam Gas, about 95 ish for the first bottle, £40 of that was deposit, then 55ish for a refill, had my bottle for about 18months, probably need a refill soon ish. No monthly charges etc.

Unsure if anyone else knows some place cheaper without having a monthly charge!!!

skinned knuckles

posted on 15/3/10 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
a bit out of your way, but i use key gas in wrexham. they charge around £3 a month bottle rental and i pay £55 for a big 30L bottle of pure argon, which is cheap when you look at BOC's prices.

A man isn't complete until he's married, then he's finished

geoff82

posted on 15/3/10 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
mig gas norfolk area

argon /co2 mix is available in 10 litre/ 19kg bottle 10 year hire cost £60 bottle per ten year period plus gas approx £17.25 per refill +vat from ian baird welding north walsham norfolk nor28 0fe phone 01692 404553 collect only[ i am in no way connected to this company just hope it might help as it did me]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.