Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Clutch ?
Tezza1

posted on 16/3/10 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Clutch ?

Hi all

After my last post in Nov, I have found a garage that will work on my indyblade hes a motobike specalist and classic car restoring on the side. He has changed most my wiring loom, fitted new battery,tuned engine, fitted new sender as my speedo wasnt working, built plate for coving under my engine due to my sump plug being so low and also sorted out that my clutch pedal linkage was hitting side when I was changing up making hard to get it in gear.

Well took it out for a nice run on Sunday and when Im in 4th or 5th and floor it somtimes the revs jump right up in the red as though its slipping,
Took it to garage today to get MOT and he took it out for a test drive and said it was running well and said he thinks its wheel spinning not the clutch Im a bit dubious about this wheel spinning in 4th and 5th ?

Anyone any ideas on this.

bassett

posted on 16/3/10 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
loads highest in the upper gear so id say clutch. I have the exact same issue on my R1 MNR Vortx. Mine is just at the top of the rev range and from what id read it sounds like most suggest it is spring pressure. On the R1 you can double up on the clutch spring which ive done but so far have been able to test at the high speed if not its the barnett conversion

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

gordon h

posted on 16/3/10 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like clutch slip had the same on mine and changed the springs for uprated ones and was fine.

bec is best but going to try sabb 2.3 turbo mk

TigerB6 Paul

posted on 16/3/10 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
as above again - Barnett conversion is well worth doing anyway. Check the clutch plates and it they are in any way suspect then new genuine Yamaha ones are the best option.
Tezza1

posted on 16/3/10 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
So basically what he is saying is a load,

Im going in tomorrow so I was thinking of taking him out in it with me driving it and showing him, Is it impossible for wheel spin at in 4th 5th i didnt think they was enough power to get wheels to spin at that speed.

raptor700
Contributor

Posts 241
Registered 28/2/09

Photo Archive Go!
Building: MK INDY R GSXR 1000 K5. Now sold..... Ready for th

posted on 24/3/10 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
no you would never get it to spin in them gears at all.

my dad had the same problem, there was nothing wrong with the clutch but found that using fully synthetic oil made it slip so went to semi and it was fine

Tezza1

posted on 25/3/10 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Had a new clutch put in and uprated heavier spings, passad MOT no problems so hopefully Im ready, for my first year with my Indyblade.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.