Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sick and tired ...
boggle

posted on 18/3/10 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
so if you had everyone on pushbikes you would still have an emmision factor? after all there must be more people than cars???

and you still have to make the push bikes.....i bet that the emissions from making a pushbike are not minimal??

doesnt matter what we do, there will always be an emission issue, its all just government propagandy to make us get rid of cars and become like robots, all the same, no individuality, no sense of self....

if your that worried about emissions that you need an electric car then your on your way to becoming a drone...

its all aload of nutsack in my opinion....and it is just my opinion....beleive what you want, but make the most of it, before that right has gone too.....

( i feel much better now...)

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

nick205

posted on 18/3/10 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
At the end of the day unless we can find a way of capping the world population the human race is doomed anyway - emissions or not.

Disease and war in good measure are what's needed to cull the population back down to a sensible level. Possibly an infertility virus introduced into the indigenous chav population would be a start.

AdamR

posted on 18/3/10 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Does that statement take into account the enormous transmission losses of electricity plus the resources required to beef up the electricity infrastructure??

Transmission losses are far less than you may think - around 5%. Compared to the minuscule efficiency of an internal combustion engine it's really insignificant.

True, the infrastructure will have to be improved, but just consider for a moment the amount of infrastructure we need to support fossil fuel production - coal fields, oil rigs, refineries, pipelines, thousands of VERY dirty tankers etc etc.

AdamR

posted on 18/3/10 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
I don't know the exact figure but I suspect the electricity in the UK that is generated by non gas or coal fired stations - same emissions as internal combusiton engine is probably 10% or less.

Yeah, like I said, there's a nominal benefit now and a huge potential benefit in the future. Once energy production is centralised around the grid, new clean energy technologies rolled out instantly improve everything. Cold fusion anyone?

AdamR

posted on 18/3/10 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
At the end of the day unless we can find a way of capping the world population the human race is doomed anyway - emissions or not.

Disease and war in good measure are what's needed to cull the population back down to a sensible level. Possibly an infertility virus introduced into the indigenous chav population would be a start.

They tried that with AIDs, but some liberal sissy came up with a vaccine.

coozer

posted on 18/3/10 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't get too excited about it. Its not coming to Sunderland here until 2013 and I've been in the plant all this week and theres no buzz amounts the engineers.

8 hours to charge from a 3 pin plug or 15 mins for a 400V supply. Nissan plant is covered in wind turbines but they are small fry compared with what they actually consume, then theres the £21M backhander from the government still embarassed by the dereliction of this area by Thatcher the witch.

The crunch is the predicted 20k price that does not include the batteries. They are a big liabilty and you will have to lease them from Nissan for £350pm.

Although I love the idea of electric transport (anyone remember trams and milk floats?) I think I'll be sticking with me oil burner or may just get another bike soon

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

se7en

posted on 18/3/10 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe we should put the kangaroos on pushbikes to show us how it's done . . .

I tried to catch a kangaroo with my car but look what happened . . .

[Edited on 18/3/10 by se7en]

hicost blade

posted on 18/3/10 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
I f***ing hate hippies

hicost blade

posted on 18/3/10 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote

richard thomas

posted on 19/3/10 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
Originally posted by boggle
whats the co2 emission of a person???

a person can cycle from London to Birmingham on a Mars bar

I'd rather use a bicycle, gotta be less messy?

FFTS

posted on 23/3/10 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe we should all drive 1971 Datsuns..

Not as boring as it sounds Video Linky

Chris.

iDENTITi

posted on 23/3/10 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
I like electric vehicles, they kinda make sense, the battery tech however lets us down.
And I'd really rather not have a hybrid, after all, when your not using one engine, your lugging around the other...
Battery tech needs to improve a bit, but unfortunately all the batteries that are more suitible (LiIon/LiPo) are also more dangerous... But only about as dangerous as driving around with a tank of explosive liquids under your car I guess...

As for everyone complaining about "oh but it takes ages to charge unless you have a 400v line into your house".. Er, well we probably all will eventually. Also the leasing of batteries makes sense if you think about it, the battery pack probably costs around £1-3k, and I'm betting the lease agreement says they'l replace it with a fresh pack every time it wears out too. They'll get WAY cheaper once proper mass production gets under way on them.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.