Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: duratec management wiring
steveyb

posted on 2/4/10 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
duratec management wiring

what all would i need to run a duratec engine on throttle bodies?
its a 2.0 duratec and i'm fitting 750 gsxr tb's

so i know i would need a brain of some sort, i was thinking of going for an omex 600 ecu.

can i use the standard duratec trigger wheel and CPS?

could i also use the standard duratec coil pack?

which throttle position sensor do i use? the duratec one or the one on the throttle bodies?

thanks in advance

SeaBass

posted on 2/4/10 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
I bought and Emerald ECU for my Zetec Blacktop / ZX12 TBs. I found it very easy
to program myself and get running. This used the standard CPS and temp sensors and the ECU controlled the fuel pump and fan via relays.

About six months later I installed an AEM wideband lambda and wired the 0-5v output to the Emerald.
This enabled adaptive mapping with a target Air Fuel Ratio which made the mapping very easy indeed.

Phone support from Emerald was excellent.

Cheers
JC

steveyb

posted on 2/4/10 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the info,
what model of Emerald ecu did you go for and what one would have a simlar spec to the omex 600?
is there a big difference in the price of omex 600 ecu and the likes of DTA or Emerald with simlar spec?

as i was saying in my build thread a man i know is putting in a rolling road so i will prob get it mapped there, which system would be the easiest for me to set up my self as i have never done it before. and i dont know if the person with the rolling road would know much about mapping using the likes of omex?

[Edited on 2/4/10 by steveyb]

steveyb

posted on 19/4/10 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
I got a quote for engine management for the duratec for a DTA S40 ecu, connector, wiring loom, and map on a rolling road
From a man local to me who supplies, fits and maps DTA. He said I’d be looking at just over £800.

It’s a bit steep but yes it would be a good system but its not locost.

I remember seeing some where about using a zetec brain to control spark on another engine.
Has anyone on here done this or know if it can be done?
I was thinking of maybe doing this and fitting bike carbs rather than the gsxr750 throttle bodies. This way I wouldn’t need an after market ecu.
I’m not sure which way to go at the min?

stevebubs

posted on 19/4/10 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steveyb
I got a quote for engine management for the duratec for a DTA S40 ecu, connector, wiring loom, and map on a rolling road
From a man local to me who supplies, fits and maps DTA. He said I’d be looking at just over £800.

I remember seeing some where about using a zetec brain to control spark on another engine.
I was thinking of maybe doing this and fitting bike carbs rather than the gsxr750 throttle bodies. This way I wouldn’t need an after market ecu.

Have you gone through IVA yet? If not, bite the bullet and fit throttlebodies...emissions will be near-impossible on carbs

steveyb

posted on 20/4/10 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
quote:
Originally posted by steveyb

Have you gone through IVA yet? If not, bite the bullet and fit throttlebodies...emissions will be near-impossible on carbs

I would like to fit the throttle bodies, as i already have them. which is another question... could i use a 2.0 zetec ecu to control the fuelling by connecting it to the duratec injectors? could this work? i know it would involve a bit of wiring but if it worked it would be worth it. any one know much about this sort of thing?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.