Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: North Weald Activity Day
55ant

posted on 5/4/10 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
North Weald Activity Day

hi all,

has anyone done one of these activity days? if so what do you actualy do and is it worth £40, seems quite good value and its really close for me

scudderfish

posted on 5/4/10 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
I've done quite a few and they are good fun. Have you done a carlimits training day before?
55ant

posted on 5/4/10 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
no this would be my first track day in my own car, i have done a couple of 'experaice' days in classics and astons etc, but nothing else so an absolute novice.
eddie99

posted on 5/4/10 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
I'd reckon it would be a good day. I certainly plan on doing them when my car's done. A few years ago i did an Under 17 driving day with Andy's Girlfriend/Wife and got taken around by Andy in an elise and he seemed like a good guy and a very good driver. And from what i hear, a very good instructor. Not sure how much instruction you get for the activity days however...

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
scudderfish

posted on 5/4/10 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Normally there are about 20-25 cars and no instruction. The first part of the day is spent doing The Corner. This is a drive up an access road to turn left onto the runway. The idea is not to cross a drain in the centre of the runway (a notional wall) and to not lose the car whilst entering the corner as fast as you dare. You should overcook it the first few times as spinning your car is fun
After lunch, the airfield is split into two cone based courses, one quite a bit twistier than the other. There is only ever one car moving on each course at each time. Join the queue for which ever you want to do (you can move freely between them) and go for it. Get some passenger rides first or grab a navigator if you're unsure of the way to go.
It'll be a blast, and if my car was working, I'd probably be there myself.

JonnyS

posted on 5/4/10 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
If it's close to you go for it, it's a good laugh. It's only £25 each time if you join Lotus On Track (£30 joining fee)

The track is a bit abrasive and bumpy and you don't get much instruction, but still cheap safe fun.

55ant

posted on 6/4/10 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
thanks guys, i think ill go for it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.